Do you want to help transform the way people travel? At Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems our aim is to improve the quality of life and shape the mobility world for the next generation.
Join us here at Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems as a Maintenance Engineer in Swanwick, Hampshire. You will be responsible for all maintenance and inspection of traffic signals assets, ancillary equipment and/or other highways systems. Also responsible for the routine and corrective maintenance of equipment including optical maintenance as defined by the company. We are looking for someone with electrical aptitude and an understanding of importance of health and safety at work.
You will also have good attention to detail, reliable with a can-do attitude and has the ability and confidence to work with various devices, including a tablet, on a daily basis.
In this field service role, you will drive a company vehicle therefore you will have a driving licence and be based within commutable distance from the Swanwick, Hampshire area.
At Siemens, we are passionate about learning and development. Join us and we will provide you with opportunities to grow and progress within your role.
What are your responsibilities
- Routine and corrective maintenance of traffic signal assets, ancillary equipment and/or other highways systems
- Periodic Inspections of traffic signal assets, ancillary equipment and / or highways systems equipment including electrical testing
- Accurate collection and processing of data to enable fault free analysis of equipment performance
- Analysis of data to assess performance of equipment within contractual requirements, ensuring correct storage of information once process complete
- Out of hours working to support service contract requirements
- Standby for emergency repairs
- Successful completion of mandatory NHSS training requirements
- Undertake appropriate training with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary via formal and informal training, including on the job training.
- In accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, all employees have a duty to comply with all Health and Safety Procedures and to be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimising them wherever possible
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role.
The Maintenance Engineer (You)
Your great technical skills coupled with your self-motivation, flexibility and adaptability to a continuously changing business environment will be key to this role. You will move from one activity or work area to another quickly and effectively, learning new activities, picking up new jobs confidently and easily.
- Someone with HNC / ONC / City and Guilds electrical engineering qualification or equivalent experience in installation, maintenance and testing of electrical equipment
- Someone who is co-operative, helpful and willing to use their own initiative
- Someone who is willing to change and adapt, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily
- Someone with good attention to detail, reliable with a can-do attitude and has the ability and confidence to work with various devices, including a tablet, on a daily basis
- Someone who can work on their own or as part of a team, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team
- Willingness to work outside and work at heights
- Must have a full UK Driving Licence
Preferred, but not essential:
- Experience of working on traffic signal equipment
- Experience working outside and at heights
- Testing of electrical equipment in an industrial environment and working on traffic signal equipment
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time