If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
What are my job responsibilities?
The aim of the Quality Manager in Projects (QMIP) is to act as a key support to the Project Delivery Team in all aspects of quality management and reporting. The QMiP acts as a catalyst for continuous improvement in all Siemens project phases. The QMIP will work with the Project Management team to close out any non-conformance in delivery to ensure positive project results. Acts as a member of the project core team with special focus on failure prevention.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Establish the define quality management system tailored/aligned to the project specific requirements to ensure quality in process and product quality in service/solution project to achieve customer satisfaction and business success.
- Support project management in planning and securing milestone results.
- Establish and monitor quality plan according to project quality requirement, Siemens standards and ISO 9001:2015, define quality targets based on project critical factors and define methods/tools based on HQ standards.
- Monitor quality related KPIs or key figures related to projects assigned.
- Defined target values or characteristics as per project target agreement (PM agreement) to be achieved.
- Report quality status, quality incidents and root-cause-analysis to Project Management (PM), Regional General Manager and other defined parties, jointly with the PM team, based on determined KPIs, key figures and specified characteristics. Communicate quality targets to all people affected or involved. Escalate project-endangering situations arising.
- Analyse and monitor fulfillment of contractual and committed requirements.
- Management of professional feedback to and from the customer.
- Ensure execution of quality plan and quality gate process through active involvement in readiness checks and participation in quality gate meetings. Reject releases e.g. at quality gates in case of non-conformity and ensure the initiation and closure of corrective actions. Report and escalate as set forth in the mission of the function.
- Establish Non-Conformance management by reporting non-conformities and non-conformance cost (NCC) and drive root-cause analysis, associated measure for NC correction/prevention.
- Support the planning, initiation and coordination of continuous improvement actions for all phases of the project. Ensure good practice sharing and feedback of experience e.g. through continuous improvement workshops (esp. lessons learned) and project assessments.
- Plan and ensure the required quality level of the project-specific supply chain (internal & external) with the focus on specifications and interface definitions. This includes the support of the SQM (Supplier Quality Management) in the application of supplier-related procedures, such as selection, qualification, development, integration, supervision and auditing.
- Identify qualification requirements and initiate training for project employees with regards to knowledge of quality methods to be applied, process awareness and expert knowledge.
- Plan and conduct project audits, assessments, reviews and participate in status meetings. Ensure implementation of (improvement) measures; and
- Planning and preparation of quality management activities related to hardware; IPC 620 standard knowledge is a plus.
- Defining and issuing of project specific directives in collaboration with the PM to the project team members to ensure compliance with the relevant internal and customer processes, and quality requirements.
- Intervention and escalation to reporting line in functional matters where guidelines, quality-relevant procedures or targets are not complied with. This includes involvement of expert opinions, as necessary.
- Stopping procedures, supplies and services.
- Internal and external representation of the project in matters of quality.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Around 8 years professional experience in a project business
- Around 5 years as project team member, software quality assurance knowledge.
- Good IT Skills
- Experienced in:
- Teamwork and Collaboration,
- Guiding without Authority and Leadership,
- Analytical Skills and Problem-solving,
- Communication, Presentation and Facilitating,
- Conflict Management,
- Organizing and Planning,
- Agile/Lean Methods and Principles.
- Ability to work in concurrent bids and projects
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time