Looking for New opportunities in Flender Business Unit of Siemens? We have got you covered. We are looking for individuals like you who will help us change the face of Flender for our Portfolio Companies!Who are we?
As a global market leader Flender stands for comprehensive knowledge in mechanical drive technology, as well as the utmost quality in all products and services. Highly qualified and dedicated employees have always been the key to our innovative strength and productive capacity. Our ability to competently advise our customers with a view to their individual requirements rests on our extensive application know-how and our decades-long experience in many sectors of industry and raw materials extraction.
Flender has manufacturing locations in Bocholt, Voerde, Mussum, Penig, Graffenstaden (France), Elgin (USA), Chennai and Kharagpur (India) and in Tianjin (China) and employs close to 6.000 people worldwide.Educational Qualification:
Successful academic studies in Diploma / Degree in Mechanical Engineering or comparableYears of Relevant Experience Required:
Minimum 5 years’ experience in purchasing from steel-mills, as well as from forgers and ring-rollersWhat is the candidate expected to do in Siemens?
- Lead a local commodity team and be part of the global teams of Commodity Managers in the respected international teams.
- Knowledge in Forged materials and grade including standard and analysis of the forges
- Analyze and monitor local and global supply markets
- Support and implement a global material-field-, & supplier-strategy considering demands and business requirements.
- Align budget with the business and achieve Cost reduction targets and other agreed KPIs
- Identification and qualification of new and manage-ment of existing suppliers in the Asian markets
- Negotiate commercial, quality and logistic conditions and assure professional contract management
- Driving innovation and collaboration with suppliers, implement and contribute to Cost and Value Engi-neering initiatives
- Experience in leading a team
- Negotiation skills
- Project management skills
- Business fluent English
- Good skills in SAPR3 CO and MS Excel
- Willingness for international travelling
- High team spirit and cultural soft skills to support the international teams
We would be happy to welcome you to our Siemens Family, please feel free to apply on the website. If shortlisted, we will be calling you for next steps soon.
You will be performing this from Chennai location, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time