Siemens Mobility Limited are looking for a Senior Team Administrator for our Intelligent Traffic Systems business to be based in Poole, Dorset. The Senior Team Administrator will be responsible for providing administrative support to a team of field service employees including installation operatives, engineers and managers.
You will be responsible for a range of tasks from general office administration to performance reporting and analysis. Often a front of house capacity, the role is a critical point of contact for external and internal customers.
The role may include the functional supervision of up to three team administrators. The Senior Administrator is a pivotal role ensuring work is arranged and completed by the team in line with contract service levels.
What are my responsibilities?
- Answer telephone calls, take messages, respond to questions and direct callers to appropriate parties
- Sort and distribute mail, email, fax, copying, filing
- Receive visitors and act as ‘front of house’
- Establish relationships with customers and suppliers
- Liaise with other departments e.g. HSQE on areas of common interest
- Participate in cross-functional reviews
Information and data handling
- Monitor the fault management system and produce regular and ad-hoc performance reports
- Prepare presentations and other documents
- Maintain databases and spreadsheets
- Receive, chase, input and process works information, overtime claims and expenses, all within required timescales
- Ensure work rotas are up to date and submitted to stakeholders
- Analyse reports and escalate issues as required.
- Actively use the fault management system to achieve performance levels and produce supporting evidence for minor chargeable work
- Ensure accurate and timely overtime submissions and deal with queries
- Manage holiday tracking for the purpose of identifying holiday pay
- Proactively manage minor work requests, liaising directly with the customer
- Schedule appointments for team members
- Organise meetings, catering and room bookings
- Organise and book accommodation and vehicle rentals
- Organise and maintain office supplies
- Actively identify resource requirements on a daily basis, coordinating requirements with the wider regional team.
- Ensure priority work is completed in line with contract service levels.
- Coordinate basic sub contractor works
- Ordering of tools, equipment, commercial vehicles, stationery etc. by approved processes
- Ensure all audit paperwork is filed correctly and reports completed
- Escalate issues whilst keeping the customer informed
- Liaise with the customer, agreeing on site arrangements and timescales for reactive and planned maintenance related chargeable work
- Identity potential resource constraints and weaknesses in our service delivery and propose solutions
- Ensure SCRs, Work Permits and Project Quality plans are completed accordingly
- Manage the vehicle ordering process for all Commercial vehicle ensuring that they are ordered on time and delivered to the correct specification
- Awareness of customer specifications, expectations, organisational structure and contact procedures
- Awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance and other policies
- Functional supervision of local or remote administrators
- Coordination of tasks within admin team
- Support the improvement and efficiency of administration processes
- Participate in 3i improvement programme
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role
- Able to work methodically and accurately under pressure
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- 5 GCSE grade C or above to include English and Mathematics.
- NVQ in administration or equivalent experience is desirable.
- Highly organized, with an ability to prioritise workload and achieve objectives with minimal supervision.
- IT literate – good knowledge of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, databases.
- Can-do attitude, capable of working on own initiative and within a team
- Flexible, moving from one activity or work area to another, learning new activities, picking up new jobs confidently and easily
- High attention to detail and presentation.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner – able to professionally manage requests and queries from a range of stakeholders – employees, managers, external customers.
- Effectiveness - drive and energy applied to work, accuracy and reliability, ability to get things right first time.
- Teamwork - work towards the team's goals, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team and contribute to a high standard of team morale.
- Organisation – Able to effectively prioritise unplanned workload that aligns with overall project goals and escalate issues within own and customer organization when necessary
- Discretion and the ability to operate in a confidential environment is imperative.
- Experience of providing administrative support to multiple stakeholders is desirable
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time