Siemens Industry Inc., Rail Systems, is looking for a Deputy Project Manager to work in our Bogie department in Sacramento, CA. The incumbent might have the opportunity to work on a variety of Bogie projects for Light Rails, Streetcars, Metros, Locomotives and Passenger Coaches for customers within North-America and also internationally with our headquarters in Germany and Austria.
• Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the project teams (consisting of Engineering, Procurement, Production and Quality-Management) to ensure a smooth workflow and project execution to obtain optimum effectiveness.
• Focus on change management during design, procurement, production, service and warranty phases of projects.
• Facilitating execution of continuous improvement plans.
• Assisting the project Manager with schedule, budget, risk, opportunity and resource allocation management.
• Assisting the project Manager with performing an active role interfacing with the client and suppliers to ensure customer satisfaction, this includes working on change orders, claims and warranty work.
• Supporting the project manager by providing progress reports to the management on a regular basis.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Production Engineering.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• At least 5 years of successful experience in a related field.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft-Office programs is required.
• Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills required
• Must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
• Required travel: up to 15%.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• MBA preferred.
• Knowledge of German and Chinese languages is a plus.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.