Siemens Mobility has been a leading provider of transport solutions for more than 160 years and is constantly developing its portfolio through innovation. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services. With digitization, Siemens Mobility enables mobility operators around the world to make their infrastructure intelligent, ensure sustainable value enhancement over the entire life cycle, improve passenger comfort and guarantee availability.
As a Supply Chain Logistics Specialist you will be responsible for the development and implementation of sustainable Supply Chain concepts from Source to Deliver processes across Siemens Mobility in North America and support strategic projects in SCM. You will work closely with our factories to optimize our material flow, transportation models and asset optimization.
- Lead and manage strategic projects on Supply Chain/logistics (JIT, VMI, Kanban, Lot sizing, transportation, material flow, et) in alignment with their business models
- Significantly contribute in improving NWC by optimizing warehosue and inventory management for Siemens Mobility business
- Utilize Siemens carrier network; and negotiate carrier rates in the market to select best-cost service providers for our business needs
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders (carriers, factories, vendors, Siemens network) and drive measurable excellence with the relevant Supply Chain / Logistics KPIs
- Give qualified estimations of Logistics costs for specific project related enquiries from the business
- Manage Supply Chain risks, and market uncertainties to avoid potential damages / exploit opportunities through risk mitigation plans
- Act as acknowledged authority in questions of Supply Chain strategy and implementing Digitalization strategies to ensure cross-functional productivity within business units
- Observe domestic and international transportation market trends and assist in incorporating new service providers and/or technologies into the Logistics portfolio
- Provide strategic support to business units on warehouse related requirements (e.g. layouts, equipment, tools, ERP systems, process enhancements)
- Interface with sourcing team to support general procurement and logistics relates topics for continuous improvement
Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management / Logistics required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain and Logistics
- Deep understanding of domestic and international transportation modes, including complex rail and heavy haul transportation
- Detailed knowledge of commercial terms, regulations, instruments and safety standards associated with Supply Chain Management / Logistics
- Self driven project management experience and strong analytical mindset
- Passionate and self-motivated to achieve goals and contribute to business success
- Must be creative, willing to share and explore new ideas
- Needs to be flexible to adjust and thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities
- Must be able to communicate clearly on proposals and ideas to non-technical associates, peers, and management for further execution
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.