How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a Field Service Technician Assistant, (“Tech Asst”) where you will execute technical field assignments involving the assembly, installation, modification, test, inspection, service and/or repair of distribution and power transformers. You may recommend measures to improve field service operations and customer service. In addition, you may be assigned other work, individually, or as part of a larger electrical substation / power plant project.
In this position you will report directly to Regional Service Manager (“RSM”) and perform work under the supervisory direction of the Crew Leader. Effective communication with both, RSM and Crew Leader, is required throughout active projects and when awaiting assignment and/or stand-by time.
This position often requires extensive travel and non-standard schedules at field locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions. If selected for this position you will be required to join the local bargaining union.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role include:
- Maintaining functionality of tools and equipment. Perform duties in accordance to industry regulations and standards.
- Provide updates to Crew Leader on tasks performed and observations made during the execution of assigned tasks.
- Assist in the repair of transformer equipment, applying own knowledge and experience to resolve problems. Recommend changes or modified procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
- Communicate clearly and professionally, (written and/or verbal), regarding safety, (i.e. tailgate meetings), security or environmental incidents, safety violations or near misses.
- Coordinate personal lodging and travel and other transportation, as needed.
- Responsible for completing time & expense and field service job reports, using on-line/administrative tools or software.
- Support Crew Leader in maintaining safe operating condition of vehicles, tools and equipment, including conducting detailed inventories and inspections to determine maintenance and repairs. Perform maintenance on daily/ weekly /monthly or annual basis, per maintenance schedule, or as assigned.
- Follow and/or enforce Siemens Environmental Health & Safety policies
- Perform duties in accordance with customer, industry and corporate laws, regulations and standards
- Perform additional duties as assigned by RSM and/or Crew Leader.
What skills and tools will you need?
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Requires ability to perform standard practices and procedures to resolve technical problems.
- Utilize electro-mechanical skills supporting Crew Leader in the safe and correct assembly and maintenance of power and distribution transformers and transformer accessories. Ability to follow scope of work in assigned tasks.
- Perform assigned tasks in the operation of transformer oil processing, including vacuum, oil filling, circulating and draining oil-filled and distribution transformers, under direct supervision. Complete documentation of the process under the direct supervision and instruction of Crew Leader and/or senior crew member.
- Provide support to Field Test Experts and Test Crews with tasks supporting the testing of power and distribution transformers and transformer accessories.
- Must have good electro-mechanical skills, including the ability to operate hand tools, power tools, multi-meters, ladders and PPE.
- Basic competency with PC skills, including email, internet, data entry into on-line tools, MS Word and Windows based software.
- Maintaining Class A CDL requirements as described in contract section 9.09 article c) qualifies for a yearly bonus.
What do you need to qualify for this position?
- High School diploma, GED or technical vocational / apprenticeship training
- Requires good communications skills and ability to follow instruction.
- Good time management skills
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens Energy (SE) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. SE comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.