Laboratory Diagnostics SW Development Team in Bangalore is looking for a Service Engineer, field-based, customer-facing role. In this role She/he installs, services, maintains and modifies Siemens laboratory diagnostic equipment at our Development Lab and customer sites, primarily in the clinical laboratory. We take a holistic approach in solving our customers' toughest problems in the SW and HW area together. Our FSTs represent the "Face of Siemens" to the customer.
• Perform service, preventative maintenance, modifications and installations on Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics instrumentation at our Laboratory facility and also customer sites with minimal supervision;
• Provide on-site customer repairs; responsible for delivering both timely and effective repairs
• Provide adequate training of operators & SW Team members to ensure optimal system performance, resulting in superior customer satisfaction ,Domain &Operation know-how development;
• Manage Lab HW budget, expense control and inventory management
• Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers
• Perform necessary administrative duties accurately.
• Learn the new Instrument Installation procedure and provide the Training to Team and End customer
• Participate in the Verification / Validation cycle of the Product along with Team and help the team in achieving the Goals of Verification and Validation from the Lab Instrument and Domain perspective.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Minimum Bachelor degree in Engineering
• Experience in testing, repairing and maintaining capital medical equipment
• Strong electronics and computer background needed
• Proficient in the use of tools and service test equipment
• Able to work both individually and in an established team setting
• Self-starter with strong customer service skills as well as excellent communication skills
• Ability to operate remotely from the main office with minimum supervision
• Demonstrate excellent judgment in customer relations and in managing company resources; strong competency in instrument systems technology to include mechanics, electrical, chemistry, and software technology
• Experience with electronics, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• Able to interface with customers in a positive professional manner
• Ability to think and act in a logical and methodical way
• Must be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and be able to utilize computer-based tools for reports, email and for general communication
• Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate
• Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography, as well as periodic travel to other regions or for training.
• Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation after training and certification is completed. Participation in a region On Call rotation is part of the job requirement.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Previous field service experience is desired
• 2+ years of experience as a medical technologist or field service engineer (biomedical engineer) servicing diagnostic instruments preferred
• Technical Associates degree or equivalent training certificates
• Background or coursework in Electronics . Instrumentation , Biomedical & computers preferred