Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
With our long-standing transport expertise and our IT know-how, we are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and improve passenger experience. It’s in how we electrify, automate and digitalize infrastructure that we’re setting the benchmark for tomorrow’s mobility.
Siemens Mobility is looking for a Control Centers Engineer for Customer Projects in Engineering Department. The Control Centers Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of Control Centers Systems for Main Line and Mass Transit Worldwide Mobility projects.
We make real what matters. This is your role.
The Control Centers Engineer elaborates the specific design for customer projects based on the project requirements. He/she develops technical specifications, defines project software and hardware architecture, manuals and deployment, testing and commissioning procedures. He/she manages and supports other engineering teams, and must interface to Stakeholders, Partners and Customers regarding project specific topics.
Use your skills and abilities to move the world forward.
- Management and traceability of requirements along the project life cycle.
- Design specific Control Centers solutions for projects according to customer, product, safety and security requirements.
- Implement, test and commission complex hardware and software solutions.
- Provide customer training.
- Provide support to the installation and maintenance works.
- Collaborate in Planning and Management for project activities.
- Attend technical meetings with partners, customer or other companies.
- Manage works in multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that goals, objectives, and timelines, are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Ensure design, implementation, tests and commissioning, meet project requirements including formal review meetings, communicating project status, identifying and reporting any possible risk.
- Communication and collaboration with other engineering areas and Mobility departments.
- Proactively identifies areas of innovation, opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
- University or Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Computer Engineering or equivalent,
- Knowledge in C and Java programming language and environment.
- Desktop and server platforms based on Windows and UNIX/Linux.
- Goal driven with customer orientation and team leadership.
Experience in the following
technologies and fields of knowledge will be valued:
- Knowledge in CENELEC (or similar standards) product development lifecycle.
- Knowledge in railway systems and technology.
- Knowledge and experience developing in C and Java programming language and environment.
- Cybersecurity-related knowledge.
- Fluent Spanish spoken and written.
- English: B2 or equivalent, mandatory.
- Work experience in a similar function required.
- Willingness to travel worldwide when required.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Rail Automation S.A.U.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time