As a Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) Application Support Engineer, you are responsible for assisting customers in the use of Siemens DISW software products (Teamcenter). This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, technical troubleshooting skills, process improvement skills as well as Teamcenter administration, and upgrade skills. As part of the Managed Services team, you will interact daily with customers and internal departments via phone and email to answer questions, collect information and resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
- Under minimal direction, serve as the initial contact for any customer related issues and provide troubleshooting for any customer incidents.
- Responsible for application troubleshooting as well as routing issues to Product Support (GTAC)
- Monitor health of Teamcenter and it supporting applications leveraging supplied monitoring tools and general administrative techniques.
- Leverage remote screen sharing technology to guide customers through problem resolution.
- Enter calls & Incidents in the ticketing system for KPI tracking and issue resolution.
- Perform routine daily administrative tasks to maintain cloud hosted Teamcenter deployments
- Leverage change control to ensure all configuration changes implemented are approved, scheduled and communicated.
- Analyze configurations, databases and log files to systematically narrow down root causes for customer issues and see through to resolution.
- Plan and execute Release Management in deployment of new versions, maintenance releases and performing project related tasks.
- Apply application patches to customer environments.
- Provide advanced system administration and performance tuning activities per product guidelines and best practices.
- Create knowledgebase articles on best-practices, troubleshooting and optimization specific to the individual customer environments and general use that apply to all managed environments.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A self-starter with strong communication skills
- Driven to problem solve issues and provide excellent customer service
- Experience working in a customer facing environment.
- Experience in IT including support to end users and server systems
- Teamcenter installation experience
- 0-2 year of Teamcenter administration experience –BMIDE, Data Model, Workflows, Change Management, CAD Interfaces, Security Model, etc.
- A strong understanding of complex IT cloud architecture, systems, databases, networking and software concepts.
- Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Fundamental understanding of Amazon Web Services
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to support customers
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering, or Associate’s degree with some relevant work experience
Skills that will set you apart from the rest:
- Active Workspace Installation and Configuration
- NX and SolidEdge CAD Integration
- Working experience in developing, executing and monitoring Perl/Batch Scripts
- Catia, AutoCAD and ProE/Creo CAD Integration with Teamcenter
- DBA experience – Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS SQL
- Hands-on experience deploying software on Amazon Web Services
Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.