Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
The Rail Transport System Expert leads the domain specific engineering know-how contribution in designing and developing data driven software services and features to support the optimization of RTS asset management processes
The RTS Expert closely works with business analysts, data scientists, data engineers and SW developers and contribute with RTS specific engineering know how of RTS system functionalities, process flows and corelated data insights.
What are my job responsibilities?
- Act as central counterpart for understanding RTS system functionalities in the daily RTS operation and maintenance
- Provide knowledge regarding RTS systems, components and processes to facilitate an appropriate understanding of the assets and its related data
- Closely work with business analysts for the definition and design of data driven services for optimization of asset management processes, i.e. maintenance management, resource management, renewal planning and performance management
- Analyze RTS systems in regard of availability of data (and its elated features) for further data requirements- and design specifications
- Lead the identification of data sources, content and values to derive required insights for target system functionalities and features
- Closely work with data engineering in getting required insights in data content and structure for building data pipelines to the data lake
- Contribute to data analytics with engineering models to understand system / component behavior for further developments of predictive solutions
- Contribute with domain expertise related to RTS system functionalities, processes and data to the development process with RTS systems
- Contribute to the training scope and execution with domain specific know-how for the systems functionalities regarding decision making an optimization of asset management processes
- Serve as team facilitator in providing technical guidance to technical support personnel, technical writers, and others as required
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Bachelor’s degree, of a technical / engineering background
- 10+ years of related work experience with at least 5 years’ experience in rail system design requirements
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of a broad range of rail systems elements, including Rolling Stock, Train Control System design including Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) and CBTC/Rolling Stock Integration.
- Experience working with/for Singapore's operators (SMRT and/or SBST) an asset.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time