Growing traffic volumes, increasing air pollution, rising costs. We’re are the forefront of developing smart answers to these challenges to actively shape the mobility world for the next generation. Join us in Rugby as a Customer Support Desk Engineer and make it your job to see these ideas come to life.
Our talented engineers in the Enforcement Support Team are responsible for supporting bespoke solutions delivered internationally which address Civil and Criminal traffic violations; think Clean Air Zones, Average Speed and Bus Lane enforcement.The working pattern 5 days a week, Monday-Friday based at our Rugby office with the flexibility in working from home occasionally.
Be the point of contact for our customers and work proactively support our range of solutions to ensure that they can do their bit in addressing local challenges with road transport and the environment.
- Provide exceptional support for our bespoke enforcement solutions via onsite and remote working techniques resolving a range of complex hardware and software issues.
- Work closely with the Support Team Leader to improve incident life-cycle timing and solution efficiency and reliability.
- Assist and manage the rollout of software and service upgrades.
- Work with other Engineers and Sub-Contractors to plan and support on-street maintenance activities for the system safely and effectively.
- Someone with a passionate interest or experience working with PC hardware and software; fault finding, diagnosing and repairing.
- Someone who is interested in learning bespoke and technical systems.
- Someone with a working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and basic networking principles
- Someone who is proactive and result-oriented (you’ll also have a structured and hands-on approach to complex tasks).
- Someone who can work on their own or as part of a team; works well with other people and communicates effectively within the team and with clients.
- (Desirable) ANPR Experience
- (Desirable) SQL Skills
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time