Siemens Mobility is seeking to hire multiple Project Managers to monitor projects from the bid phase through to customer acceptance. In this role, you will perform project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities). You will also supervise, direct and motivate the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects.
In addition, you will ensure customer satisfaction during and at final project completion. Travel to Customer sites is required. This role will involve extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, procurement, manufacturing, and other members of cross-functional teams.
• Participate in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and project requirements.
• Analyze plans, contract specifications and requirements to determine project requirements. Follow up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of project scope.
• Manage the development of project plans in advance of project activity to assure effective execution by the Project Team and monitor progress to ensure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
• Oversee preparation and execution of engineering schedules. Utilize financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Prepare or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursue timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
• Participate in Project reviews, acceptance testing, manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings, system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Previous project management experience (5+ years) including management/oversight of project profit and loss and leading cross-functional teams.
• Experience interfacing with customers and leading customer interactions.
• Experience in the railroad or large construction industry.
• Familiarity with industry-related computer software and hardware.
• Control Systems Project Management experience preferred
• Claim Settlement experience desired
• Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) desired
• Electrical or Computer Engineering Degree preferred
Why Siemens? In Addition To An Incredible Career Opportunity, We Offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Project Manager with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.