Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Technical Support Specialist.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Technical Support Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- You will provide phone/email support for the external customer, as well as, consistent monitoring and accurate documentation utilizing the Customer Relations Software Tool
- You will demonstrate an understanding in clinical laboratory practice while supporting Informatics and Automation Products.
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service skills to improve the customer experience, and achieve customer satisfaction by providing highly technical troubleshooting of complex issues to meet issue resolution and achieve customer satisfaction
- Taking timely action and ownership on all open tickets to troubleshoot and resolve internal/external customer issues to the customers satisfaction, and if necessary, escalates customer issues to next level supportsystems
- Meeting/Exceeding individual service level metrics to meet the needs of the customer/business
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You have knowledge of computer hardware: physical ports (Serial, Parallel, RJ-X, PS/2, VGA, USB, SATA, IDE); Serial-to-USB Converters; Knowledge of memory; NICs; Hard Drives; Optical Drives; Printer Installation; UPS
- You have knowledge of computer software: BIOS; Logical Ports (Well Known, Registered, Dynamic/Private, COM); Client OS vs. Server OS; Workgroups vs. Domains; NIC, Web Browser and RAID configurations; Back-up and Recovery.
- You have knowledge of Windows: XP; Windows7 Server2kx; Name Resolution; Local User and Group management
- You have thorough knowledge and understanding of network architecture models (OSI, TCP/IP) and theory.
- You have knowledge of Physical Network concepts: MAC Addressing; LANs; VLANs; WANs; switching; Internet access technologies.
- You have knowledge of Application Architecture: Thick Client vs. Thin Client, Java, XML, Web Services, Databases
- You have knowledge of Remote Access technologies: RDP; VNC; VPN.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in a science-related or engineering field, or 3-5 years equivalent experience with Healthcare IT and/or Automation Systems
- Certification in A+, Net+, Security+ or equivalent
- Logical network concepts: IP Addressing; Routing; Packets; Subnets.
- Network Infrastructure: DNS; DHCP; Active Directory; Proxy Servers,
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.