Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. Siemens Energy comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- He/she should handled individual projects with profit and loss responsibility.
- He/she should have hands on experience in EHV AIS/GIS projects. AIS/GIS substation Modernization/extension/retrofit/R&M knowledge will have further advantage.
- Responsibility for all project phases (start-up, planning, design, implementation, installation, commissioning and handover).
- Provide support to the customer at all times, including providing recommendations based on a thorough understanding of the customer’s business and operational environment.
- Optimizing project profitability and taking on profit and loss responsibility for the project.
- Ensuring commercial contract conditions and timelines are met, including management of contract variations & change management.
- Practical experience on installation, testing and commissioning work for high voltage and/or medium voltage switchgear (design and / or delivery).
- Monitoring & control of the project, including necessary interventions, to ensure achievement of delivery milestones, timelines & quality within the project budget.
- Develop and implement cost management for the project in close cooperation with the responsible commercial manager.
- Rigorously monitor and negotiate requirements and fulfillment of project specific conditions with multiple subcontractors and suppliers, including negotiation and agreement of contracts.
- Risk management, claim management including development & implementation of suitable technical & commercial mitigation strategies.
- Provide ongoing monitoring and timely reporting of project status against project targets.
- Occasionally travelling, eg. FAT, Factory visit with customers based on project requirement.
- Strictly complying to Siemens’ Zero Harm policy in environment, health and safety at all time by regularly checking compliance of projects and with subcontractors.
- Basic civil and structural knowledge would be an advantage.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Degree or diploma qualified in electrical engineering.
- Practical experience with high voltage and/or medium voltage switchgear (design and / or delivery Experience in PLM will be advantageous).
- Experience with electrical industry, utilities or electrical infrastructure markets.
- Minimum 5-7 years practical experience as responsible Project Manager .
- Self-motivated, driven for results.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and presentation skill.
- Attention to detail, compliant with defined process yet able to adapt improvise where necessary.
- PM@Siemens or equivalent PMP certification preferred but not mandatory.
- Excellent Leadership Skills, a team player, able to work in complex environment, overtime and under pressure.
- Must have a commercial contract sense and customer service mindset.
- True entrepreneur type with ability to create structures and willingness to balance risks.
- Practical experience of MS project and excellent in project scheduling.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time