We are currently seeking a Software Architect for our Beijing or Shanghai location.
What are my responsibilities?
• Provide technical leadership in the area of software architecture to the team, collaborators and customers;
• Review software architectures and guide business unit architects to improve their software architecture;
• Define research strategy for software architecture in coordination with Head of Research Group; Identify high-impact research topics in software architecture; Perform research, development and consulting projects collaborating with colleagues, customers and universities;
• Provide technical leadership in the research community outside of Siemens;
• Perform Siemens-internal software architecture trainings;
• Provide mentorship to junior architects in the team, in CT and in Siemens;
• Extract architecturally-significant requirements, and ensure feasibility of these requirements;
• Make architecturally-significant design decisions at the right level of abstraction;
• Define, articulate and apply architectural principles and patterns;
• Document and communicate architectures;
• Develop strategies for risk mitigation, including risks associated with unstable requirements;
• Be aware of state-of-the-art software architecture methods, tools and trends;
• Present proposals, concepts, and results to collaborators and customers;
• Acquire and lead projects;
• Travel to meet with collaborators and Siemens-internal customers;
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Master in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline;
• 7 years of experience in software development and software. 4 years working as a software architect;
• Experience in software architecture methods and tools;
• Experience in the use of design patterns and UML;
• Experience with software architecture reviews, architecture recovery, code quality analysis, analysis and management of technical debt in large software systems;
• Experience in the use of architecture description languages;
• Knowledge of object-oriented analysis, object-oriented design, and object-oriented programming;
• Strong skills in problem solving, communication, and team work;
• Ability to work on a problem from the analysis phase to the implementation of a practical solution;
• Ability and interest to train and mentor more junior architects;
• Proficient English and Chinese in both oral and written;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and can-do attitude;
• Ability to work independently and prioritize work;
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
• Willing to accept challenges and responsibilities;
• Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens’ success. Our central research and development unit – Corporate Technology (CT) – plays an important role in this. Corporate Technology contributes to the Company’s success in many functions, including technology and innovation strategy, research and development, cooperation with universities and start-ups, patents and business excellence.
Officially opened in 2006, Corporate Technology China (CT CN) is the largest innovation branch outside Germany. Many top-notch innovators work in Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuhan, Qingdao and Tianjin. We combine the physical and the virtual worlds through our Core Technology Initiatives and research projects in the areas of data analytics, the Industrial loT, autonomous systems, systems integration, cyber security, etc. We are thus helping the Siemens Business Units turn inventions into successful innovations in the market.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you
ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you want know more Siemens job opportunities, please be free to log in our career website https://new.siemens.com/cn/zh/company/jobs.html
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time