Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. Siemens Energy comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
• Design, implement, test and deploy highly scalable Artificial Intelligence solutions to improve turbomachinery product design methods and processes
• Work in cross-functional teams to collect data required from product R&D, operational field, testing data, and market data.
• Create the conceptual, high-level, and detailed design of the software and data solutions
• Define subsystems and their interfaces, allocate responsibilities to subsystems, understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions
• Influence common modeling, design, and coding practices
• Work with customers, stakeholders, and suppliers to implement, test, and deploy the solutions
• Willingness to travel internationally for durations up to 3 months, if essential
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• PhD/Master in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Physics
• 2+ years of experience with SQL, Spark, OR Hadoop.
• 2+ years of experience of functional programming with Python, Java, OR C++.
• Demonstrated ability in the application of Machine Learning/AI in real-world industrial settings with large scale data.
• Experience with Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
• Experience with Agile software development.
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
• Comfortable working in an environment where problems are not always well-defined.
• Experience with managing, manipulating and visualizing large data sets (Python, R or equivalents)
• Experience in working in cross-functional teams and with internal customers
• Exceptional ability to build relationships
• Data-driven and results-oriented approach to problem solving
• Enthusiastic and motivated
• Experience with industrial data / Internet of Things (IoT) desired
• Experience with data acquisition, automation, and control systems desired
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time