Job title: Software Engineer (Jira Administration)
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand.
Many processes at Siemens would not run as they should without our Support departments. Which is why we are looking for dedicated and hardworking people who seek ever-changing challenges, customer needs, or questions from colleagues with imaginative concepts and creativity. Join our Digitalization and Technology Services (DTS) and let us focus together on what’s truly significant: making lives better with new insights and the latest technology. Around the world.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Install, Configure and Seek issues in Jira, Confluence and Service desk in Windows, Linux and Cloud Environment
- Coordinate workflows, Screens, Issue Types and other required parameters
- Export/Import projects from multiple instances of Jira/Confluence/Service-Desk - knowledge of plugins available
- Responsible for Authentication and Authorization of the application
- Knowledge of Agile implementation in Jira
- Build various boards Kanban, Scrum in Jira
- Basic Administration of Linux/Windows and Cloud environments
- Basic Administration of Database
- Basic knowledge of SQL queries
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You must have BE / B.Tech / MCA / ME / M.Tech with Overall 6+ yrs exp with minimum 2+ years of experience in JIRA Administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- Overview Java 3 tier web application. – Understanding of Webserver, Application Server and Database
- Fixing skills for Java Applications – How to read logs and identify the area having issues from logs, knowledge of Heap dump and Thread dump.
- Basic knowledge of Windows/Linux
- Good Analytical skill
- Basic knowledge in software development process
- Knowledge in Agile methodologies and Scrum process
- Basic knowledge in SQL queries.
- Basic knowledge in DevOps is an added advantage
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time