The Credit & Collection Department provides analysis on the creditworthiness of Siemens Energy’s customers to handle the credit amount requested, to determine if payment can be made for goods and services provided and invoiced for or to mitigate the credit risk for doing business with those customers to reduce or eliminate the risk of non-payment for same. We are also responsible to collect Siemens Energy’s Accounts Receivable in a timely fashion while providing that service in a cooperative customer service environment. Finally, it is our responsibility to report the status and trends on each business units Accounts Receivables to the management of those BU’s (Business Units). The department reports through the Global Business Services group in the Opportunity to Cash Service Section.
In this position you will help provide credit & collection actions to protect Siemens assets in determining how much credit to advance individual customers after proper analysis has been performed on each and to provide the corporation with liquidity via collection of its accounts receivable and convert them to cash. You will be responsible to analyze credit requests from each business units of Siemens Energy that is supported by the department, determine if credit can be provided, and if it can, how much credit should be allowed. This is done under the supervision of the department manager. You will also be responsible to perform activities necessary to collect accounts receivable and convert same to cash with assigned portfolio of accounts. This is also performed under the supervision of the department manager. Finally, you will communicate with internal and external customers in a knowledgeable and organized fashion on the status of the accounts and on the business’ Accounts Receivable position. You will report to the Manager of Credit & Collections in the Global Business Services, Opportunity to Cash portion of Siemens. This department supports the Credit & Collections activities for the New Units and Service sectors of Siemens Energy Inc.
- Manages and collects assigned AR portfolio across multiple business units.
- Research and reconcile customer accounts.
- Complete routine collection calls to determine payment status of accounts, ensuring timely payment of receivables and resolution of customer issues preventing payment.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with partners and customers in order to deliver the best total customer experience.
- Understand customer infrastructure, processes, and identify appropriate contacts in order to successfully address customer issues impacting payment performance.
- Identifying at risk customers to manager.
- Escalate issues to appropriate internal management level (Sales, Finance, Project Manager, Order Entry).
- Identify and document customer disputes.
- Identify root causes of delinquency.
- Credit limit maintenance and Customer Master Data for Siemens Canada Limited.
- Invoicing customers through SAP software.
- Daily coordinating external bank accounts and credit card activity for Siemens Energy Inc.
- Processing Non-Accounts Receivables checks and coordinating application of same.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BA/BS degree, required; in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 2+ years of business corporate collection experience
- Knowledge of billing and collection procedures
- Solutions oriented with strong initiative
- Team player with ability to share knowledge
- Ability to work with deadlines, prioritization and organization of workload
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Highly customer service oriented
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.