If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
We, the Software and Prototypes for Automation (SPA) department, are an R&D Competence Center for the Siemens Mobility GmbH with the mission to innovate technologies in the fields of digitalization, automation and electrification in the Mobility domain. Our interdisciplinary resources work together to conduct innovative research, development, and engineering to execute projects in driver assistance, autonomous driving, and robotics; computer vision, augmented and virtual reality; urban traffic optimization, computer-aided visual inspection, predictive maintenance, etc.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- In your new role you will write scripts and automation using e.g. Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash.
- You will configure and manage data sources like MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc.and will manage source control systems like GIT.
- You will build CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins and Gitlab CI as well as applications regarding patch management, firewall rules, credential management, etc.
- You will follow the Defense in depth concept and will write hardening scripts for operating systems.
- In addition, you will enforce and follow secure coding guidelines and write AWS Cloud formation templates.
- Furthermore, you will use docker containers and running Kubernetes clusters as well as manage Linux OS e.g. Debian, Ubuntu, AWS Linux, Open Suse Leap.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You hold a completed master’s degree in information technology.
- You bring in several years of professional experience in managing Linux based infrastructure as well as experience in AWS.
- Furthermore, you bring in hands-on experience at least in one scripting language.
- In addition, hands-on experience with databases including MySQL, Postgres & Elasticsearch is a must.
- AWS certificates are beneficial.
- You understand yourself as a critical thinker and as a team player and bring in good problem-solving skill, good time-management skills and excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills in German and fluent English skills round off your profile.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Julia Krzystek.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organisation: Siemens Mobility
Unternehmen: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Erfahrungsniveau: Experienced Professional