Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an Experienced Distribution Manager at our Plainfield, Indiana, Distribution Center
This is a role
well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their
career. As a Distribution Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and overseeing the daily operations of the Shipping Department to ensure goals and objectives are achieved. This includes managing group of three supervisors, organizing and overseeing the schedules and work of assigned staff over a three-shift operation, maintaining regular performance discussions with employees, and handling discipline and termination of employees as needed in accordance with Company policy.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- Measuring productivity through analysis of performance and financial data and activity reports
- Working and collaborating with other departments, such as Human Resources, Finance, Shipping, Facilities, Quality and EHS to ensure successful operations
- Preparing and managing a budget for the department
- Experience with regulated industries, ISO 13485 or similar, or food grade distribution.
- Experience with WM and ERP; SAP experience beneficial
- Experience managing both direct and contract workforce in a competitive labor environment
- Experience in Life Sciences industry or related field, temperature-controlled warehouse environment preferred
Required for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Three – five years experience in manager level in fast-moving small parcel pick operations
- Knowledge and experience with labor management, engineered labor standards and managing to performance standards
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Able to support a 3-shift operation
- Able to interpret financial data as needed
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Able to be a role model of Siemens Healthineers 7 Principles and our People and Leadership Practices
- Able to create a positive, motivational work environment
- Able to work, collaborate with, and appreciate a diverse group of individuals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.