Siemens is looking for Components Product Engineer for their Peachtree Corners location.
This person will be responsible for new product design, engineering analysis, prototype and testing, quality procedures/practices and manufacturing process/technologies. . This person reports to Engineering Manager for Miniature Circuit Breakers and will have no direct reports.
The ideal candidate would be highly motivated, possess strong communication and teamwork skills and have in depth knowledge of product design, quality procedures/practices and manufacturing process/technologies with proven experience. Specifically, ferrous and nonferrous metallurgy, contact performance and design requirements, thermoset and thermoplastic molding material identification and processing requirements, UL/CSA/NEMA standards, test requirements, test methods, arc suppression and interpretation of test results to improve product and process performance.
This person must have the in depth understanding and ability to effectively work with all personnel to assure an open and effective atmosphere of motivation and innovation. In addition, the candidate should be open to provide and received feedback with the mind set of continuous improvement and convert into actions the feedback provided and/or received.
All products developed will be new products that will need to develop complex planning of detailed product development objectives so you will be responsible for the following:
- Guiding in the preparation of sketches, design layouts, and other specifications as well as documenting of product issues for future reference and problem resolution.
- Developing comprehensive review of results to determine that products perform in the intended manner.
- Generating prototypes for testing and provides technical assistance on design feasibility. Develops standardization of very complex materials, components and assemblies.
- Creating and maintaining detailed and comprehensive records / documentation of all inventive ideas, designs, basic improvements and test results data.
- Directing the review of product designs to ensure designs and/or revisions avoid infringements of patents that are not controlled by the company.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you
What you will need to fulfill the areas of responsibility are as follows:
1. BS/BA in Engineering is required; Mechanical Engineering is preferred. Certification may be required in some areas (i.e. LEAN certification, scrum master certification…). Master’s degree is a plus.
2. 8 plus years’ experience with Low/Medium Voltage product knowledge is required but will consider someone with high voltage experience and/or with strong aptitude for mechanical or electromechanical product development knowledge.
3. CAD design and analysis skills including but not limited to concept development, 3D component modeling, 3D assembly creation, sheet metal design, family table management, 2D drawing creation, BOM creation, finite element analysis, dynamic / motion analysis, thermal simulation / analysis and magnetic simulation.
4. Project management skills related to development of effective, detailed project plans, schedules
and costing. Scrum / LEAN project management methodology is preferred.
5. Ability to identify internal and external tooling/equipment requirements to assure
manufacturability and cost effectiveness.
6. Ability to identify and use applicable engineering and quality tools to assess product and process
7. Experience in a Manufacturing environment.
8. Ability to own and execute personal / professional development plan as a continuous improvement.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.