Siemens Mobility Customer Services is a fast-growing business with a backlog of > $1.5 Billion. To execute this backlog on highest performance levels and to ensure profitable and constant growth, Siemens is looking for highly motivated and competent individuals.
The Lead - Project Controls Engineering (Scheduling) will be located in the Mobility Customer Services HQ in McClellan, CA but also provide services to a nationwide customer service footprint in locations like Newcastle, DL, Palm Beach / Orlando, FL, Phoenix, AZ, and various other locations in the US. In those locations Siemens Mobility Customer Services will perform complete maintenance work, vehicle refurbishments, vehicle accident repairs, modernizations, overhauls and system repairs.
To ensure the customer and organizational success, Siemens is interested in adding a highly motivated leader who will build up scheduling within the organization. The individual should guide the organization in what it takes to build up this department rather than working expecting predefined goals and tasks.
Siemens Mobility Customer Services is seeking a Project Controls Engineer who will build up and lead the operations and project management teams responsible for managing complex service center manufacturing schedules (with Engineering and Procurement elements) for advanced rail service / maintenance projects. The Customer service set up as well as its projects and resources are across North America. In this high impact role, you will be responsible for driving the specific manufacturing / service departments and/or projects to meet the Master Schedule by developing, tracking, and maintaining complex master schedules for multiple projects. You would also be involved in many planning aspects related to, capacity planning, process improvements, lean manufacturing, engineering, and supply chain management. You will be involved in high level strategic planning, forecasting and bid preparation. You will work with Management at various levels and prepare and present schedule and workload data on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to shop floor management, project management and to executive management.
• Manage development, tracking, and reporting of complex service center schedules using Primavera P6, based on inputs from functional department managers.
• Be able to have micro and macro level understanding of issues related to plant performance, forecasts, issues and trends.
• Be involved in the development of plant wide master schedules (key team member).
• Be able to simplify problems to determine impacts.
• Pro-actively drive operations / service center managers and the broader team for mitigations and recoveries.
• Development of reports for cross-functional departments to monitor schedule performance at various levels with respect to baselines and factory manpower loading.
• Coordinate and regulate various meetings such as project progress reviews with various levels of management.
• Become the leader and subject matter expert by driving the team to overcome roadblocks or delays through using various methods such as industry related knowledge, innovating short cuts or alternative ways, improvising plans to meet targets and the like.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Required education: Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field.
• Required experience: 2+ years of experience in Project Planning/Controls, Scheduling, Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Industrial, Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
• Excellent communication skills required.
• Demonstrate strong Excel and Computer skills required.
• Required travel: 25% or less.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Knowledge of Primavera software is great advantage
• Preferred education: Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field preferred (e.g. Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar) with an interest in Project Management/Project Controls.
• Experience with scheduling software such as Primavera in a manufacturing or construction environment preferred but not required.
• Understanding of manufacturing/operations processes preferred.
• Understanding of the Service, Maintenance, Rail, Rolling Stock, or Heavy Manufacturing Industry is a plus.
• Knowledge/Understanding of ERP/MRP
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.