What are my responsibilities?
1. New Product Design
-Mechanical design timeline established based on the project schedule
-Confirm that production design fulfills the related standards.
-ISO9000 and /or other QS system procedures followed
-Product designs are optimized through FEA analysis
-Product designs are optimized for manufacturability at production quantities;
2. Detailed models and drawings created
-CAD work exhibited a strong proficiency in Pro/E or Inventor
-All released parts ready for tooling
-All design work shall be coordinated, reviewed & approved in PCC
-The format of 2D drawing is fulfilled with BSCE requirement;
3. Engineering sample Preparing
-communication with supplier for sample produce, let them fully understand our requirement
-Tracing the sample preparing status
-Make the validation plan for the sample checking;
4. Mechanical sample qualification
-The new sample should be evaluated.
-The "component qualification" report preparing
-Help the supplier to improve their part quality and process stability;
5. Create some general technical specifications and standards as requirement;
6. Mechanical design & drawing review in the team;
7. Training and coaching of staff in the team for mechanical design skill improvement;
8. Evaluate suppliers with other department colleagues;
9. Product innovation supported
-New design ideas generated and explored for new products.
-Existing designs improved.;
10. Support department manager to improve the team process in a smooth and perfect direction;
11. Technical supporting as requested by relevant departments to meet collective targets.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
1. Good knowledge and experience at metal sheet part & plastic part design;
2. Familiar with electronic product development process;
3. Familiar with the quality and environment requirement for the new product development, e.g. ROHS, WEEE, ISO9000, ISO14000 etc;
4. Good Command of English;
5. Computer skill, familiar with WINDOWS system and Office software;
6. Good command of computer aid design tools e.g. NX, ProE, Catia, Inventor, and 3D design tools;
7. Familiar R&D project management process.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Beijing Siemens Cerberus Electronics Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time