This exciting role offers an opportunity to provide technical innovation within Siemens.
Working as part of a close-knit team the Installation Site Manager_ETCS Onboard will have an area of specialism and a wide knowledge of our industry especially regarding retrofit design and installation solutions. The role will work within the on-board train fitment team to ensure the designs are implemented accurately and safely, as well as with the various Centres of Competence, technology teams and domain specialists across the wider Siemens business to develop solutions that meet these needs.
This is a key role within our project environment, with involvement in a wide range of project activities throughout the whole project life-cycle and provides the opportunity to travel both in the UK and overseas, ensuring an international flavour to your knowledge base and, over time, establish a rounded career in a global railway industry.
What are the key accountabilities of the role?
- Act as the Siemens representative on third-party Traction Maintenance Depots and Railway Works to co-ordinate the First in Class installation works for the Freight ETCS project
- Take a lead role in liaison with and supervision of third-party installation companies to ensure installations are progressed to an agreed programme and any technical issues arising are addressed
- Lead liaison with procurement and the factory in the supply and management of installation kits supplied to site
- Be the main point of contact on site between the installation teams and test teams
- Produce programme updates and regular reports to both internal and external groups
- Work closely with the engineering team members in Derby and Chippenham
- Play a primary role in the wider stakeholder management associated with large industry projects
- Provide key input and ideas to help determine the most appropriate technical, product and commercial solutions within the given geographical and technical environment
- Ensure innovation and value engineering is applied to all proposals
- A key player within the project organisation
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Proven experience of this type of role within the rail industry, specifically within Rolling Stock (essential)
- Experience of working to industry quality and safety standards (essential)
- Strong and effective communicator at all levels within the business and in front of new and existing customers (essential)
- Demonstrates innovative and creative thinking when performing problem solving initiatives (essential)
- Highly motivated, diligent and self-reliant (essential)
- Willing to fill gaps in own knowledge and experience through taking a pro-active approach to learning and seeking information from within and outside the company (essential)
- Demonstrates customer focus in all work carried out (essential)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here, and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.