Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
- Act as Siemens representative on construction sites and work in close collaboration with the various partners on the sites such as contractors, subcontractors and customers.
- Work towards the project schedule and work package received from the supervisor and/or project manager and maintains regular communication on the status and execution of the projects assigned.
- Program and start up the various systems (heating, ventilation, energy saving system, etc.).
- Perform wiring checkout, system start-up programming, utilizing commissioning tools provided
- Build corresponding schematics and database management.
- Check the quality of the installations and ensure the accurate functioning of all components of the building control system.
- Check the various system components to make sure they are working accurately and tackle problems if vital.
- Participate in job site final walk and/or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs.
- Conduct training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch as required.
- Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and other Service Technicians as applicable.
- Complete all job closeout documentation.
- Provide all information as needed to the Service Dispatcher so that SAP data is current
- Respond to customer emergency service calls on-site or remotely checks indicated points of trouble.
- Always respect the occupational health and safety codes.
What will you need to succeed?
- A professional, technical or college diploma in building mechanics, industrial electronics instrumentation and control or in a related area.
- 2+ years of direct experience working with Building Automation Systems
- Good communication skills - verbal and written
- Good knowledge of Building Automation systems and relevant standards (Siemens systems, a strong asset)
- Knowledge and experience with Open Communication protocols like BACNET Modbus etc. required
- Confirmed diagnostic skills: Able to systematically identify and resolve technical problems.
- Experience in delivering high quality customer service to a broad range of customers.
- Proactive and calm under pressure.
- Autonomy, resourcefulness and organizational skills.
- IT literate and proficiency in the MS Office suite.
- Be available to work flexible hours and to work overtime as needed.
- A valid driver's license and be able to travel to customers in the Ottawa region
- Assets: Knowledge of building mechanical systems and understanding of the Building Code as it pertains to automation; Bilingual (English/French) communication skills.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 2,100 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.