Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Siemens Mobility offers intelligent and efficient mobility solutions for urban, interurban and freight transportation. We’re looking to empower people wanting to seek the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.Our Culture:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.What you will do for Siemens Mobility:
We are seeking to hire a Construction Cost Estimator (Quantity Surveyor), a hybrid profession that blends engineering, construction, and economics while managing all costs associated with building and civil engineering projects. Your goal will be to minimize expenses and keep them within the limits of the budget and project schedule without compromising on the quality of end results or failing to adhere to the building, health, and safety regulations. We will also work with the contractors and clients from the onset, preparing comprehensive project estimates, capturing contract documentation, conducting feasibility studies, and undertaking risk control. This position will be based in Las Vegas, NV.Responsibilities:
- Contract administration as advised
- Commercial management of work packages; input on commercial risk management
- Input and preparation of target cost reports
- Accurate cost and value reporting to both client and business needs in accordance with relevant processes
- Interface with technical and commercial project management teams as well as engineering and planning functions
- Ensure contractual notices are issued in accordance with contractual time frames
- Prepare and estimate contract changes/variations
- Maintain auditable records in conjunction with target cost contract requirement
- Provide support and advice to project management team on matters such as contract compliance, contract awareness, change management, claims variations, legal and financial matters - collaborating closely where necessary with other internal specialist advisors
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent with proven commercial management experience
- Strong track record (10+ years) in a high value position in a contract management environment - ideally gained in a similar or related industry (rail, aerospace, defense, construction, IT, etc.)
- Excellent negotiation skills, coupled with practical experience and an in-depth understanding of the best ways in which to maximize the mutual benefits to be gained from the effective and commercial interpretation of contracts
- Customer facing skills - validated active involvement as a team member in high-value, sophisticated bid teams, ideally with experience of proposal and tender writing
- Understanding of the technical, contractual, and financial requirements of the commercial management role and their inter-relationship
- Experience of working in a matrixed and project working environment
- Good financial and commercial acumen
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.