Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings, it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives. We are looking for an engineer, or similar, with expertise in building energy monitoring and analytics to join our Energy Performance Services team (EPS) in support of our Distributed Energy Systems (DES) and Building Performance & Sustainability (BPS) portfolios. This position will be a member of our centralized Performance Assurance Team and will be responsible for measurement and verification (M&V) of energy savings for regional and national accounts. The person in this role will have a working knowledge of building HVAC and automation systems, remote metering, data analytics, and technical communication. This position manages the guarantee risk and monitors improved operating costs at customer facilities against the pre-existing baseline condition. Additionally, you will identify follow up opportunities, utility billing errors, and consumption and demand anomalies as well as, be responsible for pre- and post-contract measures guaranteed in assigned customers and contracts.
- Perform Measurement and Verification (M&V) activities including data collection, analysis, and reporting of energy and cost savings relative to an annual guarantee.
- Generate and deliver performance assurance reports to our customers for performance contracting projects. Address customer concerns regarding the reports.
- Maintain all performance assurance records on guaranteed projects.
- Assist Energy Engineers during the preliminary energy assessment to gather the baseline data and utility information. Develop and deliver optimal Measurement & Verification (M&V) plan and associated cost. Identify potential follow-up energy conservation measures and provide data to sales personnel.
- Attend performance contracting kick-off meetings to identify timelines, potential risks, and pre- and post-measures. Coordinate and commission installation of Utility Load Profiling equipment. Establish report procedures with utility information services and key variables pertaining to the guarantee.
- Track reporting schedules for assigned accounts and report results to customers and management. Follow energy International Performance Measurement & Verification Protocol (IPMVP) standards and local energy service and solutions quality management system processes and procedures.
- Track and review energy technical support program (TSP) estimates and actual costs to meet contractual obligations. Maintain branch documentation of performance assurance on guaranteed projects. Assist specialists with gathering essential information and submitting required documentation to obtain optimal utility rebates for customers and address filing and process obstacles.
- Leverage NavigatorTM, Siemens energy monitoring and data analytics platform, to provide automated, cloud-based analysis, detection, and reporting of savings results for customer sites.
- Train, coach, and mentor Performance Assurance Specialists on various software applications, logging equipment, and performance contracting processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology, or another technical field
- Energy industry experience in performance contracting; 5+ years preferred
- Knowledge of International Performance Measurement & Verification Protocol (IPMVP) standards, Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) standards, and familiarity with ASHRAE Guideline 14
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP), Professional Engineer certifications are preferred
- Experience in remote energy metering, building energy auditing, or building commissioning preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office
- Additional preferred qualifications:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access, SQL, or similar database applications
- Experience in remote energy metering, building energy auditing, and/or building commissioning
- Familiarity with Fault Detection and Data Analytics
- Experience in Remote Energy Monitoring
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- 5% travel required
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.