Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an Industrial Design Intern.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As an Industrial
Design Intern, you will be responsible for:
- Build full scale prototype mock-ups using foam core and 3D printed parts for usability and ergonomic studies, to evaluate functional layouts, volume studies and product design concepts
- Develop design concepts and solutions for products and product features using a variety of media and tools from hand sketches to 3D CAD models
- Compile design research including creating visuals to support industry trends, ergonomic data, Interaction Design analysis, etc.
- Assist designers to generate product color studies and product graphics (branding and labeling artwork) using graphics software
- Support designers with converting CAD data to use with the Virtual Reality tool for prototyping concepts to evaluate design, user and service access
- Collaborate with designers and cross functional team members including UX, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Mechanical Engineering and Marketing
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s (rising junior/senior) or Master’s Industrial Design program
- Please provide link to portfolio samples
Start Date: Summer 2021; 3-month duration
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.