Together we make the difference
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in an international and cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
Here's where you make the difference
· As a solution developer (f/m/d) in our CAE environment, you are responsible for the maintenance and further development of our application throughout the entire product life cycle - from development to factory releases.
· You are responsible for analyzing business processes in direct contact with our users and defining necessary implementation strategies.
· You will manage and perform development and design tasks with emphasis on programming, customizing, testing and maintenance of applications, middleware, hardware as well as the adaptation of standard software and provide level 3 support.
· Performing .NET (C#) and MS SQL Server development based on tickets (error corrections), implementation of change requests or projects based on specifications will also be an essential part of your new role.
· You will prepare system updates and support tools, and analyze, test, document, debug and correct identified errors.
· The further development of the knowledge base including user documentation and tests, implementation and release of new features are also part of your task spectrum.
· Within the ECAD team you are monitoring the solutions usage as well as ticket tracking and resolving upcoming issues.
· You will be part of IT projects, for this you will be using tools for the service management (e.g. Mantis) and test management (e.g. Polarion).
What do I bring with me?
· You have successfully finished studies in computer science or electrical engineering or a comparable qualification with corresponding additional skills.
· You also have 8-13 years of professional experience in technologies specifically .NET (C#), WPF, SQL server and client/server infrastructures.
· For collaboration we use Git and GitLab, good knowledge of these technologies (e.g. CI-Pipelines, GitLab-Markdown documentation, GitFlow) is highly appreciated.
· You are familiar with common programming patterns in C# .NET and WPF like MVVM, OOP, LINQ and async programming. Further you have good knowledge of these programming standards and willing to continuously update your knowledge.
· You have a good understanding and deep knowledge how C# .NET and SQL work and how to optimize for these technologies. Being up to date with these technologies is a high priority for you.
· Basic SAP knowledge and how to use SAP’s RFC interface completes your qualifications.
· You understand the meaning of agile project management for our users and additional know the basics of SCRUM.
· Knowledge regarding electrical and power engineering is preferable (COMOS or ELCAD).
· With your communication and presentation skills, you can present technical issues in a clear and comprehensible way.
· You also possess skills in service management, version management and methods to describe processes and their realization in technical use cases, user stories and workflows.
· You are willing to join several weeks of training in Europe.
· If you also have fluent knowledge of Business English (Level C1), are highly self-motivated and are able to think in a customer-oriented way, then you are welcome to join us in our team!
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time