Siemens Mobility is a leader in seamless, sustainable, reliable and secure transport solutions with more than 160 years of proven success. Trusted by our partners, we are pioneering tomorrow’s transportation today, moving people sustainably and seamlessly from the first mile to the last.
In this exciting environment an opportunity is available for an experienced and motivated Senior Counsel to join our legal team in support of multiple rail infrastructure bids and projects in Montreal, Quebec.
Successful candidates will have spent at least 5-10 years in progressively responsible positions with construction/rail systems projects in a law firm or corporate environment. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of Canadian PPP infrastructure projects and are able to negotiate and manage contracts of all types, support procurement, supplier contracts, construction and design contracts, as well as licensing agreements. The ability to effectively explain legal risks and analysis topics to the business partners and drive potential issues to a consensus decision is of the essence when performing the role. They must possess solid leadership, technical, organizational, and communication skills and have a proven track record.
Job description – Senior Counsel (French Language)
- Member of Siemens Mobility legal group with prime responsibility for supporting bid teams for mobility products (rolling stock, signaling, service, etc.) and turnkey project business.
- Reporting to General Counsel, Canada
- Located in Montreal – with an ability to work from home two days a week
- Specific focus on supporting PPP tenders and projects
- One-year contract with a likely conversation to permanent employment within that period of time
Contract review and negotiations:
- Lead the review of PPP project RFP documents and contracts in support of cross-organizational bids for rail infrastructure projects (rolling stock, signaling, rail electrification, maintenance, etc.)
- Perform detailed contract risk reviews, identify key risks and support project approval escalations as part of internal corporate guidelines
- Prepare mark-ups of contracts and recommendations on how issues should be addressed to mitigate exposure and corporate liability
- Support to strategic procurement team’s review of purchase contracts (and project flow downs) and claims management initiatives
- Lead contract negotiations with customers and suppliers
- Assist in the training of commercial and business managers in organization in legal/contractual issues, risk management topics, claims management, and contract review processes
- Be responsible for completion of internal documentation supporting bid approvals and review of escalated issues to management and risk mitigation by the review
- 5-10 years of legal experience obtained in-house or at a traditional law firm
- French language proficiency
- Member of the Quebec bar
- B./ J.D. from commonwealth university with license to practice law
- Excellent organizational, drafting and negotiations skills and sound business judgment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective people skills and proven ability to be team player within bid and project teams
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, including management of external counsel
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines, and experience in managing changing priorities
- Ability to follow/implement/improve contract review and contract management process
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.