Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
An exciting opportunity for a self-starter and highly motivated individual to join our team! As the Controller, Customer Service and Process Automation, you will provide financial leadership and management of business units and segments, including management of profit and loss statements, balance sheets and free cash flow. This role also provides support to the Technical Head of business unit and other segment managers related to the assigned portfolio. This includes financial/operational support and financial reviews related to the budget and forecast, support during projects due diligence phases as needed.
- Overall financial leadership and management of Process Automation (PA) and Customer Service(CS) business units (Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Free Cash Flow)
- Develop and monitor financial/operational metrics to measure the business segments profitability and efficiency. Communicate to management recommended solutions for problem areas
- Prepare timely and accurately, annual budgets/monthly forecasts for the assigned portfolio. This includes detailed analysis of fluctuations and variances as compared to the actual results, forecasts or budgets
- Maintain and update planning models, tools and processes to reflect current and future changes to the business as new information is acquired
- Analyze and monitor against the targets the Operating Expenses and SG&A for the respective businesses
- Conduct due diligence related to all business administration, reporting and accounting topics
- Interact proactively with respective business units and segments managers, operational/business developers to manage orders from bid phase to execution (e.g. RFP packages, Terms & Conditions negotiations, orders execution and delivery etc.)
- Support in the review and update of procedures and controls as it pertains to the related portfolio and risk/audit requirements
- Defining work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness. Automation and digitalization of processes
- Work with Digital Industries strategy and sales teams, to help develop go to market plans and portfolio, to address new technologies
- Support execution of various support functions, including compliance, business excellence, procurement, shared services and others in an effort deliver world class business results
- Work cooperatively with Headquarter, other Digital Industries businesses and Siemens Canada cross functions; Manage third party relationships as needed
- Willing to assume and complete ad-hoc / special projects and/or other assignments as delegated by management;
What will you need to succeed?
- B.S. / B.A. in Accounting or Finance, CPA and/or MBA preferable
- 5-10 years experience in Product/Systems/IT/Software industry and knowledge of service business
- Experience in financial controlling; advanced knowledge of Financial concepts and practices; strong working knowledge in accounting (e.g. IFRS); SAP and digital tools experience
- Understanding of industrial automation offerings, partner management
- Bid management/RFP/Sales experience
- Experience in working in a matrix organization
- Ability to manage relationships at all levels
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills; Ability to effectively present information to public groups and C-level management
- Able to integrate and work within a multinational group environment
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Self-starter/self-motivated position, requiring some domestic and international travel
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 2,100 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.