Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Contracts Manager.
The position will support the operations functions within the Siemens Healthineers Laboratory Diagnostics and Point of Care business areas (and may include the broader Siemens Healthineers), which include global supply chain, clinical and medical affairs, logistics, manufacturing, and research and development.
The Contracts Manager will work in a team oriented and results focused environment with other contract manager(s), contract professionals, and attorneys and will also work independently with multi-functional teams (or global teams) on numerous commercial procurement projects and clinical research engagements simultaneously.
As a Contracts Manager, you
will be responsible for:
- Writing, reviewing, analyzing, modifying and negotiating procurement agreements, confidentiality agreements and other contractual instruments with the support of Siemens’ commercial counsel.
- Contributing to the development and improvement of the model contract library and the efficiency of the legal contract management process.
- Team with clinical affairs, commodity and logistics managers, and Siemens attorneys to create innovative approaches to supplier contracting requirements, obligations, and exposures.
- Collaborate with clinical affairs managers to engage health care organizations and professionals in clinical research and trial partnerships critical to the development and production of product in a manner that assures full transparency and compliance with relevant healthcare laws.
- Interpreting contract requirements, obligations, and risk exposure.
- Verifying compliance with relevant corporate limits of authority protocols and, with assistance from Siemens counsel, summarizing risks for commodity managers to achieve contract review and approval.
- Educating/training business partners on key commercial, legal, corporate policy, contracting process, and other considerations.
- Efficiently implementing various corporate policies, initiatives, and programs.
- Cooperating across departments and throughout a large group of affiliated companies to achieve optimal contract terms and legal compliance while minimizing risk.
position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do
develop your career with Healthineers
- Broad knowledge of the various applicable contractual and legal concepts involved in material and services procurement.
- Solid understanding of healthcare requirements for engagement of healthcare organizations and professionals is a plus.
- Proven ability to understand company policies.
- Demonstrated ability to confidently and effectively interact with suppliers and customers.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Experience in assisting managers or attorneys in commercial contracting from the preliminary/conceptual phase, through structuring, due diligence, negotiating, drafting, closing, and post-closing conflict resolution.
- Polished and effective negotiation, communication and writing/drafting skills, including those suitable for interaction with very senior managers and executives.
- Proven ability to initiate actions and follow-up actions with minimal supervision.
- Skilled in working collaboratively as a key player on multiple teams simultaneously and coordinating with multi-jurisdictional and multi-cultural transaction partners.
- Experience working with non-U.S. businesses.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Four (4) to six (6) years of commercial contract managing experience (preference for at least 2 years of commercial procurement transactional experience with sizeable corporation).
- BS/BA degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant, practical experience.
- JD degree is a plus but is not a requirement.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.