Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is an innovative partner to agencies in the mobility transformation by combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs. We at ITS help make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS), and Smart Lighting. We are also at the forefront of Smart Mobility solutions by providing Connected Vehicle (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service solutions.
In this exciting environment an opportunity is available for a Senior Marketing Manager to join our growing team in Austin, Texas.
You will be responsible for managing bids and proposals from customer’s initial interest to the handover of the awarded project to the execution team. Leading a team of subject matter experts, you apply your comprehensive project management skills to create a winning bid that exceeds customer expectations and highlights Siemens’ value proposition in the marketplace. Ideally, your experience includes progressively responsible roles in ITS infrastructure projects ranging from $5M to $100M.
You will be responsible for managing an opportunity from qualification to contract award, including - value proposition, strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations, legal constraints, partner identification, claim management, quality management and risk and opportunity management. This is a strong role that demands collaboration and strong interpersonal skills to meet challenging deadlines. This role also requires thought leadership in the respective solution space, applying best practices in ITS industry, leadership and communication skills as well as a strong background in customer relationship management and project management.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Electrical or Software Engineering. MBA or M.S. degree preferred
2. 10-12 years of experience in ITS industry working for Engineering consultants or Government agencies
3. Overview of ITS control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive, transit signal priority, and V2I solutions
4. PMP certification, PMI
5. P.E. License a plus
6. Travel within the U.S
Bid and Proposal Response
1. Manage and drive stakeholders (Sales, Project Management, R&D, Product Management, Procurement, Legal and Field Operations) to develop a strong bid response
2. Review RFP's for feasibility and profitability
3. Understand customer needs with attention to detail and match them with Siemens’ value proposition and unique selling points. Derive Sales strategy
4. Manage individual bid and proposal teams and ensure bid and project schedules, milestones, and requirements traceability
5. Generate bids and other sales-related documents required by customers for Solutions and Services projects
6. Present Senior Management with recommendations for improving volume, market share and positioning
1. Professional and eloquent communication with customers, vendors, subcontractors, and other project stakeholders
2. Lead customer facing activities (customer interviews, Q/A sessions, project
milestone meetings, design approvals, final acceptance procedures) from bid generation
to project acceptance
3. Driving all external and internal offer approval and release requests and processes in
expedited manner and with highest quality
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.