The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently operating the flagship Tram system, called the Education City Tram (ECT) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The Education City Tram is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system and requires an Incident Investigator to oversee the overall management of incident investigations.
What are my responsibilities ?
- Participate in an on-call duty roster for attendance at incidents (24/7 basis)
- Develop terms of reference for formal investigations
- Responsible for the conduct and coordination of incident investigations including incident scene management
- Collect and manage evidence including physical, recording, paper and people evidence
- Analysis of evidence to determine root and contributory causes
- Draft and complete incident investigation reports for submission to Management and the Client
- Develop concise and actionable corrective / preventive actions in consultation with the responsible department heads
- Monitor the close out of the corrective / preventive actions resulting from incident investigations with the responsible department head
- Maintain an accurate register of incidents, investigations and report submissions
- Draft, distribute and present incident Lessons Learned for staff across the organisation
- Prepares presentations to present findings/recommendations when requested
- May work with Management to develop business related strategy, leveraging data in decision making.
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
- Bachelor’s degree in accident forensics preferred, but any technical degree or diploma with formal investigation training (by a recognized body), coupled with suitable work experience will be considered
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience working as a dedicated investigator in rail or transport environment
- Experience in writing investigation reports
- Experience and formal training in a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) methodology such as TapRoot, ICAM, Kelvin TopSet, Ishakawa, 5 Why’s etc
- Experience in data analysis to identify incident trends and recommend corrective actions
- Experience in monitoring and tracking corrective action implementation
- Ability to work to investigation deadlines set by the Rail Regulator and Client
- Experience working with multicultural teams
- Ability to liaise with the Client, Rail Regulator and other government bodies
- Safety certification preferred (Nebosh, IOSH, SIA, British Safety Council, ISO, etc.)
- Good analytical skills
- Good command of spoken and written English language
- Knowledge of Arabic, German, Tagalog or Hindi would be advantageous
What else do I need to know ?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply ?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time