Our mission at Siemens Mobility
Together with our colleagues abroad, we are developing state-of-the-art rolling stock. We address both the overall arrangement and design of particular subsystems. We create innovative products for vehicles used in urban and rail transport. We can manage global projects and implement the entire project, from the definition of requirements, over SW/HW and mechanics development, to cross-sectional topics at the vehicle-wide level.
What is the outcome of our work?
Our Train Control Group breathes life into the vehicles through the engineering of SW and HW control features. We develop individual vehicle functions thoroughly to the general satisfaction of our customers. We want our rolling stock to provide a high level of safety and reliability. We want to know about every aspect of operation so the vehicles can perform excellently as a whole. We seek solutions to reduce energy intensity as much as possible by combing various approaches to onboard energy management.
What does your future team look like?
We work in smaller "project" groups, and most of us are rail enthusiasts. We like following through with our tasks. We do not say no to a cup of good coffee or a cold drink. From time to time, we travel to see our colleagues in Austria and Germany. We are not just colleagues – we are a set of friends who like being together even after work. And even if it is not possible to always succeed, we like getting up to work!
If you want to be involved in the design and optimisation of rolling stock protection systems, e.g. for new London tube trains, regional trains with a hybrid or conventional drive or high-speed trains for Germany, Turkey, or Russia, you are the one we are looking for.
What will be your new role?
A system engineer is responsible for the design of protection system concepts in the vehicle and closely collaborates with colleagues in the Czech Republic and Germany. The system engineer supervises the correct implementation and is responsible for technical quality and functionality. Examples of activities:
What do you need to become a system engineer?
- Creating specifications upon the product development and subsequent integration
- Implementing requirements together with suppliers and clarifying the electric and mechanical interface together with other involved partners
- Providing support with system validation in the laboratory and on the vehicle/during the approval process and the related documentation
- Planning project deadlines and costs and compliance with deadlines and costs
- Responsibility for individual project milestones, including FAI
- Clarifying all interfaces to the remaining parts of the train
- A Master's degree or equivalent with a focus on technical fields
- Knowledge of rolling stock equipment, ideally train protection systems
- Active knowledge of English or German
What do we offer you:
- Hiring bonus in the amount of CZK 50,000
- 25 days of vacation
- Flexible working hours with a fixed core from 10am to 2pm
- Possibility of working from home to better combine your work and private life
- Corporate kindergarten close to the workplace in Prague
- Contribution towards meals in the form of e-meal vouchers
- Opportunity to buy Siemens shares
- Multisport card or ActivePass
- Advantageous mobile plan for private purposes
- Advantageous offers for employees (e.g. a discount on a car or on a holiday resort stay)
- Workplace nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague in the center of Pilsen on Anglické nábřeží
IN ADDITION, you will have your own individual benefit budget (an amount of CZK 24,000 or 48,000, depending on seniority) that according to your needs and consideration can be converted into:
- Up to 8 extra days of paid leave beyond the standard 5 weeks
- Contribution towards leisure-time activities in the Benefit plus cafeteria (can be used for culture, health, travelling, sports and education, including language courses)
- contributions towards pension and life insurance
Send us your curriculum vitae, stop by for coffee and discover the secrets of transporting the future with us! :-)
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time