Software R&D (SW-R&D) Grid Simulation (GS) in Ankara ODTÜ Teknokent is part of Siemens Smart Infrastructures (SI) Digital Grid (DG) business unit. This group brings together the fields of utility network planning, simulation, analysis and network model management with the PSS® (PSS® power system simulation and modeling software) product portfolio. Grid Simulation mainly employs a new way throughout the different fields of application in order to build proficient software solutions and products. To accomplish the mission of the group, the candidate will perform as a Power Systems Engineer.
Power Systems Engineer (PSE) is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing and testing power systems software according to the contributed project environment. The PSE will work on power systems focused tasks, will develop power systems software and will also work together with software engineers by providing domain know-how assistance. The PSE may additionally support power systems and software/process related global initiatives in the organization of Smart Infrastructure (SI) - Digital Grid (DG) - Grid Simulation. The PSE directly reports to local manager, plus functionally collaborates with to the local and global project responsible.
What are my responsibilities?
- Working within international software development teams across global locations to research, develop, maintain and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
- Developing and maintaining software applications and components of the Grid Simulation PSS® software portfolio under the direction of the development manager(s),
- Participating in analysis of tasks required for development, providing accurate effort estimation, actively participating in project status reviews and technical discussions,
- Working in an Agile environment according to SAFe framework,
- Taking ownerships on Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar fields),
- Proven background and confirmed experience on Power Systems,
- Proficient understanding of electrical transmission networks mainly in modelling and planning aspects,
- Basic understanding of Power System Modelling and Analysis:
- Load Flow Solutions
- Short Circuit Analysis
- Dynamic Studies
- Hands-on experience in PSS®E or other power system analysis and planning tools,
- Ability to work with large scale networks in order to manage, model, inspect, and convert power systems data,
- Ability to document and demonstrate solutions and processes by preparing documentation, diagrams, charts and code comments,
- Basic Knowledge/Experience in software development with a programming language such as C, C++, Fortran, Python (or other programming languages),
- Motivation and interest in working for software development in power systems domain,
- Providing Power System domain know-how assistance for software engineer colleagues within the development team
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- M.Sc./Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar fields),
- Professional working experience in the Power Systems domain,
- Further knowledge on Dynamics Studies:
- Transient phenomena of electrical power systems,
- Modelling main power system components, such as generators, exciters, governors, stabilizers and others,
- Interpreting system stability after contingencies,
- Small signal stability, frequency and voltage stability and control
- Basic understanding of Protection Studies,
- Ability to align with standards and regulations in the Power Systems domain,
- Experience in automations via scripting languages (especially in Python),
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT,
- Experience in Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework),
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts,
- Experience in designing and developing software applications for desktop or web/cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills,
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive and upbeat attitude,
- Ability to work in a quality oriented, tidy and organized approach
- Eager to learn new technologies and tools,
- Develop and apply methodologies to meet customer needs
What else do I need to know?
- Excellent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
- Military service should be completed for male candidates or postponed more than 2 years.
As Siemens, we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time