Software R&D (SW-R&D) Grid Simulation (GS) in Ankara ODTÜ Teknokent is part of Siemens Smart Infrastructures (SI) Digital Grid (DG) business unit. This group brings together the fields of utility network planning, simulation, analysis and network model management with the PSS® (PSS® power system simulation and modeling software) product portfolio. Grid Simulation mainly employs a new way throughout the different fields of application in order to build proficient software solutions and products. To accomplish the mission of the group, the candidate will perform as a Part-time Working Student (Software Engineer).
Part-time Working Student (Software Engineer) is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing and testing power systems software in variety of programming languages according to the contributed project environment. The candidate will directly report to a local manager, plus functionally collaborates with the local and global project responsible.
What are my responsibilities?
- Working within international software development teams across global locations to research, develop, maintain and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
- Developing and maintaining Desktop and/or Web-based applications and components of the Grid Simulation PSS® software portfolio under the direction of the development manager(s),
- Participating in analysis of tasks required for development, providing accurate effort estimation, actively participating in project status reviews and technical discussions,
- Working in an Agile environment according to SAFe framework
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Attending Computer Engineering/Science (3rd or 4th year (suitable to work as a part-time at least 6 months),
- Able to work 2.5 days/week in ODTÜ Teknokent,
- Software development know-how in Object-Oriented Programming practices,
- Eager to learn various technologies, programming languages and Energy domain know-how,
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Knowledge on full-stack web application development and web services,
- Knowledge on scripting languages (especially in Python),
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT,
- Understanding of Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework),
- Knowledge on file based and/or relational database,
Desired Soft skills:
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills,
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, positive and upbeat attitude,
- Ability to work in a quality oriented, tidy and organized approach
What else do I need to know?
- Excellent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
As Siemens, we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time