EHSQ (Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality) Advisor- 12 months contract
Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
Siemens Logistics Canada is currently seeking an EHSQ (Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality) Advisor in support of a significant project at our Toronto location. This is a 12 months contract.
In this role, you will manage, supervise, advise and report on all aspects of the Project Environment, Health, Safety and Quality.
- Support site management in identifying, analyzing risks, and implementing solutions relating to health, safety and quality programs
- Support the development and implementation of an action plan addressing the technical elements that need to be implemented
- Coordinate, guide and support Managers and Supervisors as they fulfil their responsibilities
- Facilitate training and communications and conduct regular site inspections and program audits
- Monitor and recommend best practices, policies, procedures related to Environment, Health, Safety and Quality
- Hands-on facilitation of the Joint Health & Safety Committee as an advisor
- Analyse incident and accident statistics and make recommendations to prevent a reoccurrence.
- Ensure investigation and the root cause analysis for all safety and quality related accidents and incidents
- Assume the role of Quality Manager by implementation and maintenance of the Project Quality Management System (QMS) in respect of all quality management requirements including the development of quality control plans or inspection and testing plans and supporting the development of work methods
- Assist our Trade Partners in the development and maintenance of their Project Quality Plans Oversee the implementation of the QMS and on-going conformance to the Quality Management System Manage all quality processes to ensure the Project is constructed in accordance with the contract requirements
- Set up and maintain the EHS program and action plan and compliance with Siemens procedures and the Contractors Safety Plan
- Participating on EHS conference calls, injury / collision / near miss / incident investigations and best practice sharing venues.
- Ensuring compliance with all provincial OHSA Acts / Regulations, HR EHS Principles, Programs (Zero Harm Culture, Healthy @Siemens, and Environmental), Standards, Guidelines and SESIS
- Ensuring location specific policies / procedures are in place. Work with Contractor for site to implement Site EHS Plan, perform work inspections, toolbox talks, hazard analysis and other EHS responsibilities as required.
- Member of Warehouse and Site Location Health and Safety Committees / Safety Representatives.
- Being a communication link with SL EHS/ Site EHS.
- Participating on and supporting their Emergency Response / Crisis Management Teams at their locations.
- Improving processes, awareness and physical conditions associated with safety programs.
- Ensure Release for Deliveries are performed, and reports are available
- Manage Supplier quality control documents (as defined in SDR) - available and acceptable
- Ensure product safety and conformity (e.g. CSA conformity) activities are performed
- Set-Up and maintain Non-Conformity Management for products (at site)
- Process for warehousing and incoming inspection at site
- Inspections /audits of product at site and document in an Inspection and Test Plan (ITP)
- Perform inspections of incoming product
- Ensure implementation of open items tracking at site and a LOP list is available
- Ensure inspections and test of mechanical, electrical and SW installations are performed and evidences are available
- Ensure LOP list items are closed as agreed with customer
What will you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary education in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as an EHS representative
- Training/certification on the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- certification from a recognized institution
- Very strong knowledge of experience with ISO 9001:2008 and / or 9001:2015 quality management system requirements
- Experience in Engineering/Construction environment is a great asset
- Knowledge Construction Projects with automated systems.
- Must have strong analytical skills with ability to identify issues, trends and drive solutions to improve H&S
- Must have a solid understanding and interpretation of various health and safety legislations, policies and procedures, specifically OSHA legislation
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Financial Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.