- Establishing governance frameworks within Mendix that introduces data ownership within each business unit (responsibility and accountability);
- Establishing governance frameworks and processes around data creation, processing, and reporting within each business unit;
- Coordinating with stakeholders to gather, map, and document meta data from each business unit (master data management);
- Coordinating with stakeholders to create a clear overview of data flows between systems and data used in reporting;
- Setting standards for data quality and data accuracy for products created by the analytics CoE;
- Monitor and improve data quality and being able to identify and improve the reliability of the data;
- Being a key consulting stakeholder when the business has questions related to the internal data landscape;
- Identifying risks and solutions for projects where the internal data landscape is involved;
- Planning and creating the internal data landscape roadmap and strategy.
- You are a senior data professional that can help shape our new center of excellence. Our team of analysts is relatively young. Our organization is also new to data driven decision making. We are therefore looking for people that can bring industry best practices into the CoE and have several years of experience working in an agile work environment. If you have several years of experience in a variety of data related roles and you are eager to bring your experience in a young, thriving, and quickly scaling organization, then you are the person we are looking for!
- 5+ years’ proven experience and excellent understanding of data administration, (master)data management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.), regulatory aspects (GDPR, HIPAA) and experience with FAIR, data governance and data stewardship principles;
- Experience with data processing languages or scripting languages such as: SQL, R or Python.
- You are a hands-on person with a “can do” mentality and you are not afraid to set up collaborations, make decisions, set priorities and put them into action in a dynamic environment;
- You are a critical thinker that is not afraid to challenge the business and move the organization to a new maturity level in data driven decision making;
- Experience with quickly learning about and familiarizing yourself with different business domains;
- Experience as a trusted advisor for data related questions or inquiries (the “go-to data person”);
- Experience with working in an agile scrum environment;
- Experience with mentoring and/or teaching subject matter to colleagues;
- Able to speak fluent English;
- Speaking Dutch is a plus.
- A good understanding of business needs and the ability to act accordingly, taking measured risks into account and the ability to take the organization to a next maturity level.
- The ability to remain fully functional by adapting to changing circumstances (environment, procedures, people). Absorb new information readily and to put it into practice effectively.
- Assertiveness; the ability to bring one’s views across clearly without damaging the relationship with stakeholders.
- Creativity; the ability to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions, to adopt points of view outside the usual parameters.
- The ability to ask further with the ambition to deeply understand other perspectives and views in order to generate support.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mendix Technology B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time