- You will lead on the technical direction of a business-critical, rapidly growing part of our platform, in conjunction with the Cloud unit’s architect.
- You will liaise with product managers and other stakeholders in the broader business to ensure that the product you build is aligned with the needs of the company.
- You will lead and influence both front-end and backend development, you don’t need to be a specialist in both, but it is good if you are able to be somewhat cross-functional. Backend-development will be a much larger proportion of the work (think: 80% backend, 20% frontend). We strongly support using our own product and platform: so we develop in Mendix itself where applicable.
- You will be part of a scrum team, where you'll work in 2 week sprints. The engineers in your team are based in our Pune, India office, while product management and stakeholders are based in Rotterdam. This role involves lots of international communication.
- You will help ensure all systems are always available by also being responsible for running them in production.
- You have excellent coding skills in your backend language of choice (5+ years). It’s an advantage if you have Python experience, as this is currently our language of choice in the unit.
- You have proven experience (at least 3 years) building cloud-based solutions. This would ideally be on AWS, but other clouds are fine too. AWS components that we use include: S3, RDS, Route 53, Kinesis, Lambda & SQS. You will be able to choose the right AWS tools to solve the task at hand.
- You have experience building highly-scalable, highly-available, multi-region, and distributed systems and microservice architectures.
- You have good knowledge of Unix/Linux fundamentals.
- You have a DevOps mindset: you build it, you run it.
- You care about code quality, and know how to lead by example: from a clean Git history, to well thought-out unit and integration tests.
- You are willing and able to use your technical expertise to mentor, train, and lead other engineers.
- Some of the following Python frameworks/libraries: Flask, Pyramid, Django, Celery, SQLAlchemy, Boto3, Requests, Asyncio.
- Mendix’s low code platform - this is a huge plus, but not a requirement.
- IaC tools such as Terraform, Puppet, or Ansible
- Containerisation technology and orchestration, e.g. Kubernetes/Docker & CloudFoundry.
- CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins.
- Building database driven applications, and understand the impact of inefficient queries on an RBDMS.
- TDD & BDD and know when and when not to use it.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mendix Technology B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time