Manager Business Development - Power Utilities / Advanta - Digital Solutions
Siemens ADVANTA is looking for a Utility industry expert who has a strong background in engineering and operations related to Transmission and Distribution networks. The person will be responsible for business development activities around Digital and IOT solutions applicable to Power Utilities.
Siemens Advanta offers an unmatched industrial DNA paired with strong IoT expertise to drive sustainable growth in a digital world. From strategy to design to implementation – we support our customers globally to successfully re-invent their businesses. We offer highly consultative value-add Digital and IoT consulting and technical solutions to our customers regionally in America’s, therefore your experience in delivery of commercial agreements, contractual understanding and cultural consideration is required in this role.
- o Transmission and Distribution Networks
- o Reliability, Resiliency, and Security
- o Asset Performance Management, Grid Analytics
- Manage the overall relationship and communication with key clients and have full command of their business model, application landscape and how digital solutions can deliver value.
- Manage and execute the entire end-to-end selling process, working closely with the deal team (initial lead inquiry, qualification of opportunities, requirements gathering, project scope definition, effort estimation, proposal development, SOW creation, contract negotiation and closing).
- Develop and manage key relationships with Siemens Utilities clients and Partner Alliance personnel to drive additional new business and provide proper communication on account activity.
- Leads and manages customer engagement opportunities from lead generation, to deal review, to negotiations and closing a deal.
- Proactively engage in the marketing campaign planning sessions and share ideas to further improve our engagement with clients.
- Understand client’s pain points and able to gather technical requirements and link them to business values.
- Generate interest and provide vision of Advanta portfolio and services solutions to potential clients.
- Present business outcomes through technical solution to diverse audiences which includes clients, partners, and sales team relevant to Utilities industry or market
- Collaborate closely with all Siemens organizations (Operating Company and Strategic companies) to leverage Siemens customer intimacy, portfolio and domain know-how for a strong IoT solutions offering
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7 + years of sales experience and working within consulting organizations or Power Utilities
- Experience in various Power Utilities business functions – Generation, Renewables, Transmission and Distribution
- Understand end-to-end solution and services model, Consulting, Solution Design to Build (Technology) to Operate (Optimization and Managed Services)
- Like to have experience working for a multinational professional services company that provides services in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.
- Must have extensive sales experience with direct and indirect sales
- Must have executive level relationships in Utilities industry specific to Transmission and Distribution network
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge in the IOT space and it’s applicability in the Utilities industry
- Understanding of the IoT market and key drivers and associated technology and vendor players
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Ability to facilitate client workshops
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Enterprise sales experience, with an actionable contact list of decision makers
- Superb organizational and prioritization skills
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to deliver above quota performance
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.