Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Manager Technical Accounting and become a key contributor to our Accounting Policy team. This individual contributor position will work collaboratively with business units and across functional groups to understand business transactions and to form well-reasoned accounting judgments and conclusions as well as ensure compliance with accounting policies and guidelines. The candidate must be able to interact with the all levels of managements within the business. This position reports to the Senior Director of Accounting.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Manager Technical Accounting, you will be responsible for:
· You will provide guidance in accordance with Siemens financial reporting guidelines and review on-going compliance of accounting practices within the business units
· You will analyze complex customer contracts together with legal and finance to ensure accounting implications are properly considered prior and after contract signature
· You will collaborate with the business units and functional groups on a broad spectrum providing technical accounting support and oversight for significant and complex transactions
· You assist business units in developing and rolling-out new technology applications to ensure compliance with accounting and reporting requirements
· You will draft accounting policies and papers for new accounting pronouncements and ensure that existing policies reflect current accounting guidance
· You will assist with the accounting of M&A transactions and collaborate with the acquisitions to ensure their compliance with the Siemens financial reporting guidelines
· You will lead educational efforts to roll-out new accounting guidance
· You will review and approve complex journal entries and account reconciliations
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
· You are eager and passionate to navigate and understand complex business processes
· You have strong oral and written communication skills
· You have experience in supervisory or management role within a matrix organization
· You know how to use own judgment and drive initiative in problem resolution
· You have strong problem-solving and analytical skills and the proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks and priorities
· You have good knowledge in MS office and ideally in SAP applications
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· (at least) Bachelor’s degree in Accounting of Finance or equivalent experience required
· 10+ years of public or non-public (Big 4 or industry Fortune 500) accounting experience, ideally with exposure to technical accounting groups
· CPA (or equivalent) preferred
· Ability to work independently
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.