The Supply Chain and Logistics Manager is accountable for the strategic and operational performance of the Materials department for our Low Voltage site at Spartanburg, SC. This position ensures the successful delivery of business strategy and operational goals to exceed customer expectations for the purchasing, warehousing, master data, logistics and transportation functions while facilitating continuous improvement and achieving commercial success.
The position reports to the Plant Manager of the location. The Manager will lead the materials team which includes both hourly and salaried positions, both the internal and external warehouses and the efficient and effective day to day running of the department.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Spartanburg factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together
• Organizes, plans and directs the procurement of materials and services to satisfy financial, quality and on-time delivery requirements; plans, develops and implements programs and strategies directed at achieving maximum dollar value for materials.
• Guides the planning, optimization and controlling of results from materials to increase the EVA.
• Initiates procurement processes and pinpoints approaches to very complex problem-solving.
• Actively supports employees in very complex and difficult procedures. Guides sourcing, supplier selection, evaluation, corrective actions on supplier delivery and continued development of worldwide master supplier data through cross-functional teams.
• Guides the early integration in all procurement-related procedures. Guides the derivation of individual objectives (budget, target/actual) from plant objectives under the anticipated market situations.
• Guides the adaptation and implementation of efficient forms of organization, procedures and processes ensuring optimal productivity.
• Successfully defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
• Develops and manages departmental budgets and/or business plans for a large department or business unit or division.
• Ultimate responsible for inventory accuracy, annual physical inventory execution and overall inventory turns improvement.
• Has substantial latitude to develop policies/programs for area of responsibility or products and to forecast their impact; Analyzes effectiveness of policies/products and establishes future direction for functional policies and programs or products that affect company as a whole; Aligns policies/products and development efforts with company strategies.
• Identifies resource needs with significant influence on approval of identified needs.
• Troubleshoots and resolves most complex problems within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas.
• Manages multiple employees, typically several exempt-level employees and/or other managers.
• Maintains performance management responsibilities for employees under purview and directs hiring, firing and promotion decisions.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree, where required.
• 8 plus years’ experience in a leadership role with Procurement, Planning, Warehousing and logistics responsibilities.
• Strong WMS and SAP knowledge.
• Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills + Advanced Excel and Data Collection, Analysis and Presentation Skills
• Proven leadership/team management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development.
• Impeccable communication, presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Hands-on approach, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Experience in Electrical Distribution business or similar industries in energy business
• Six-Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing training
• APICS certifications and/or other advanced trainings.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Part-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.