Head of Operations
Siemens strongly believes in the value of a Digital Portfolio, hence Smart Infrastructure combines Digital Power Distribution and Digital Building Infrastructure technologies. Our Digital Portfolio will enable our customers to enjoy occupant’s intuitive buildings which are comfortable, safe, secure and energy efficient.
Smart infrastructure from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work with customers and partners to build an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development.
Join Smart Infrastructure Regional Solution and Services as the Head of Operations and PMO and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
You will work as Head of Operations, heading Project managers, and as direct lead of execution team you will have direct responsibility for controlling the team utilization.
- Coordinate Project Managers in the Business Operations to execute the resource management mechanism
- Directly lead a Pool of Execution Engineers and Technicians having full control over their daily responsibilities and project assignments
- Use your in-depth experience to support high level Delivery Practices, continuously improving resource management processes and functions
- Ensure the most profitable and optimized utilization in terms of productivity and bill ability for both internal and external resources thus allowing the company to be faster and more driven, sizing the team according to business needs
- Leading directly the execution team, you will also balance multiple assignments and processes prioritizing accordingly – within and outside of your team, including actively participating in relevant work streams, ensuring that for each different Project landmarks (Installation, Testing, Commissioning and Maintenance) resources will be properly assigned to Project managers based on their skillset
- Continuously update the technical team skill matrix, and raising matters that may have increased business risks but at the same time influencing others through your professional experience
- As Head of Operations handle the PM execution deliverables, preparing and executing regular project review meetings with the PM and the CPM, collaborating in the final project report.
- Summarize completed projects reporting on any lessons learned, feedback to the organization, supervise financial project performance and technical NCCs ensuring corrective/preventive actions are taken and completed in coordination with the project managers
- Prepare overall execution risk and opportunity reporting for discussion with management
- Coordinate and support the PM in claim and change order management, identifying and agreeing contractual changes with regard to the scope of delivery and services, prices, deadlines or other contractual agreements
- Coordination with the project management in adherence to PM@Siemens guidelines, including EHS for all site activities is crucial
The ideal individual will possess a mix of consulting, strategic planning, analytics, and strong operations background.
You will have validated experience delivering on projects of different sizes, able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not being hindered by ambiguity or opposing priorities.
- Lead regular reviews with Practice leadership to supervise business efficiency, work through conflicts, find opportunities for improvement, and drive action to deliver improvements
- Take accountability for deep analysis resulting in action-based business outcomes
- Responsible and drive the full operations revenue realization in line with the budget/forecast plan, project margin expected, NCC avoidance and full technical staff productivity/bill ability
- Use the best available staffing options from internal resources and third-party contractors and partners, being responsible for Purchase order approvals for external needs
- Receive open project assignments and handle the availability of the resources encouraging sharing across projects to increase utilization
- Constantly supervising resource assignments and timesheet data to ensure forecast accuracy; Compile and analyze resource management reports (available resources, current resource allocations, resource needs due to changing project needs, etc) for delivery to Project Management
- As manager, supervise the performance of the team, upon feedback from stakeholders and customers, on both soft and technical skills, giving feedback as part of continuous performance management process
- According to assigned budget, prioritize, schedule and select the technical training needs of resources, validating, updating and running the skill matrix and job profile of the execution team
Skills and qualifications
- At least 3 years in technical Resource management allocation
- 5+ years overall business experience and team management
- University degree (BA/BS) essential
- Proven experience in ELV turn-key projects (BMS, Fire systems, Security Systems)
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, influence and conflict management skills
- Strong analytics, financial, and collaboration skills, and the ability to communicate significant metrics
- Comfortable working under pressure and having a pushing approach to get things done within committed time and highest quality-oriented deliverables.
- Continuous improvement approach
- Ability to interact positively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Highly skilled in use of enterprise systems and spreadsheet tools e.g. Excel
- Arabic speaking and PMP/PM certification will be considered as a plus
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time