Senior Applications Engineer (Place & Route)
We are seeking a dynamic, professional and technical individual, who will be responsible for technical selling and support of Mentor EDA’s leading-edge Place and Route (P&R) solutions.
The P&R Applications Engineer will be responsible for working with the account managers to determine the sales execution strategy by identifying and qualifying engagements based on customers’ needs and business opportunities, defining evaluations and/or benchmark criteria and executing the relevant technical campaigns to meet established goals, enabling Mentor P&R solutions’ adoption and deployment into customers’ production flows and providing best-in-class support to ensure customers’ success and broader use of Mentor P&R solutions.
• Assisting Account Managers to determine sales execution strategy by identifying and qualifying the match-up between customer needs and Mentor EDA’s P&R solutions
• Creating and executing winning evaluations and benchmarking strategies and driving the relevant technical engagements to success and business win
• Supporting customers with deployment of P&R solutions and continued proliferation into broader design groups and user base
• Providing technical support to customers in both pre-sales and post-sales situations including technical problem resolution and training
• Communicating customers’ technical requirements to product marketing
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in EE, CE or VLSI
• 3+ years of industry experience in EDA or IC design space
• Expertise with Cadence Innovus, Synopsys IC Compiler I/II, Avatar Aprisa and/or Mentor Nitro-SoC
• Advanced FinFET process focused RTL to tape-out design flow knowledge
• Hands-on experience leading or working on IC design tape-out, P&R evaluations or benchmarking engagements
• Expertise in netlist to tape-out flow and meeting power-performance-area (PPA) and time-to-results (TTR) goals
• In-depth understanding of core P&R stages, root cause analysis and debugging (floor planning, placement, clock tree synthesis, routing, signal and power integrity and static timing analysis)
• Must enjoy working with customers and cross-functional teams (sales, product management and R&D, marketing)
• Expert level TCL scripting and understanding of Verilog, UPF data formats
• Customer relationships and expectations management
• Technical campaigns and priorities management
• Strong communication skills
• Proactive self-starter with a focus on results
• Motivated team player/leader
• Travel 25%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.