The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line. It is manually operated on line of sight rules and the system is being designed in compliance with BO Strab regulations and guidance. There is 11 km of track serving both North and South Campuses of Education City and will employ 19 trams using the Avenio tram chassis by Siemens.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires experienced IT Network Engineer.
What are my responsibilities?
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, TCP, DHCP, VLAN, GMS/LTE, WLAN, etc.)
- Managing & maintaining Cisco Firewalls for internet access security, web filtering, content filtering, blocking ports etc
- Configure and setup Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Managing & maintaining network switches layer 2 and layer 3
- Extracting data and assist in the writing of comprehensive reports
- Capturing network traffic, performing an analysis and creating weekly reports.
- Design and Configuration of network switches, network security system, wireless controllers and access points, according to customer requirements.
- Performing of configuration changes as per the user and service manuals.
- Investigation of requirements for network system optimization
- Conduct feasibility studies in system design and development for meeting users’ hardware and software requirements
- Support of maintenance staff in the maintenance of systems with non-embedded software
- Preparation and maintenance of maintenance procedures, handling procedures and operational procedures
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether- Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities
- Initiating of hardware repairs
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Assistance in the selection and purchase of suitable hard - and software
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Performing failure analysis and error tracking, describing and filling bug form and collecting log files
- Support upgrades, implementations and modifications in Network switches and firewalls.
- Maintenance and management of backup solution system.
- Monitoring of WLAN & IP-TV system and giving appropriate response on system alarms and events.
- Preparation and upload of IPTV streaming contents on the server according to customer requirement.
- Any other duties as assigned by management
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Advance knowledge on CMMS software, Putty, WinSCP, Nagios, VMWare Client, HP NMS
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information System and five years of work experience
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information System and a minimum of three years of experience in the field of computer administration
- Has two years of experience in a managerial skills
- Cisco certifications CCNA is required.
- Has a good command of both the spoken and written English language
- Linux Cent OS
- Windows OS
- VMWare ESXi Server (manual failover)
- Has a leadership ability
- Meets requirements of fitness class 2.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time