Siemens Mobility is seeking a qualified Field Operations Manager to fill a vacant position in an interesting railroad environment in Long Island City, NY. The individual selected for this position will plan, organize, coordinate and manage all phases of providing technical support to our customer Amtrak. The Field Operations Manager will also be responsible for administering the safety and training program and directing a high performance team to proactively support our customer.
- Ensures the team provides high quality technical advice to the maintenance workforce to enhance equipment reliability of the ACS-64 electric locomotive fleet.
- Ensures the team is responsive and supports to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned service requests. Non-conformance issues are identified, and improvement recommendations are made.
- Ensures the team delivers on-going system operation training for the customers.
- Assists the team in assigned troubleshooting and repair works
- Responsible for planning and maintaining schedule of team
- Ensures proper communication between the customer and the field team.
- Acts as a mentor and provides on-the-job training to Technicians as required.
- Provides feedback to team regarding performance, quality, and productivity issues.
- Conduit to the field - conducts regular meetings with field personnel and managers to share company information, updates, etc.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience - Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience with a railroad or other technical agency.
- Minimum of 3 years in a Supervisory position.
- Knowledge of Railroad Regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for supervised work groups.
- Excellent English language technical communication skills in speaking, reading and writing.
- Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office (including Excel/ Word/Access/ PowerPoint) products
- Must have knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems such as Maximo, JD Edwards, SAP,
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience managing field operations.
- Background or formal training in Quality Tools e.g. six sigma.
- Aptitude to understand technical information
- Ideally will have a background in rolling stock maintenance, commissioning or other rail related experience with an appreciation of mechanical and electrical engineering.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.