Senior Software Engineer
Who are we?
Siemens Mobility is part of the Siemens Group. We are active within the transport sector, e.g. rolling stock for railroads, high-speed trains, regional trains, S-trains, trolleys and metro systems, power supply plants and electrification systems for trains as well as technical safety solutions for railroads.
We are now searching for a senior software Engineer who is enthusiastic about collaborating with highly skilled domain experts in serving our customers.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a full-time team member to join our software engineering team based in Ballerup, close to Copenhagen.
As our new software engineer you will be engaging in building and testing solutions with our internal stakeholders and customers while also reducing legacy code. We expect you to have a solid understanding of software programming through 5+ years of hands-on coding. You have C as part of your tech stack, and you promote and live a pragmatic approach to TDD, based on your experience.
You will report to our Group Lead, Camilla Quist, and your closest teammates will be the software engineering team (11 employees) consisting of a tech lead, software engineers and a UX designer. The team works on multiple high-profile projects using a variety of technologies including C and Python; we use GitLab as our platform.
What would your responsibilities be?
- Evaluate problems and solution requirements regarding their feasibility or contained technical risks
- Design and engineer solutions to meet the specified customer requirements
- Build, test and release solutions with required functionality
- Shape document processes and practices
- Develop detailed solutions for integrations to ensure interactions of the individual elements as a functioning unit.
- Support verification of requirement fulfillment in the execution phase in collaboration with our Service team.
Who would be a strong match for this role?
- You have worked hands-on as a software engineer for a minimum of 5 years
- You hold C in your toolbox
- You are experienced in TDD and your approach is pragmatic
- You enjoy pair-programming
- You have hands-on experience with version control systems
- You are proficient in English
You are energized by
- Working in a specialized domain
- Unit testing and refactoring
- Collaborating with colleagues across the organization
Useful, but non-essential
- Domain knowledge about railways and/or critical transport infrastructure
- Experience with legacy projects in a corporate setting
- Proficient in Danish and/or German
Why should you apply for this role?
Public transport has a lot of potential for sustainable solutions. And now you have a chance to be part of that compelling journey by taking an active part in improving essential infrastructure for the Danish railways.
Our compensation package for you contain the following:
- Competitive salary (according to Mercer Level)
- Favorable pension conditions and health insurance for you and your family
- Option to join Siemens Share Matching Program
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a challenging international environment
- Company events such as Christmas party, social club, beer club and Siemens Active club
- On premise lunch with take-away options
- On premise dedicated coffee shop and vending machines
- On premise gym
- Company laptop, phone and internet at home
- Regular on-premise pop-up shops
- Location just outside Copenhagen in Ballerup, reachable by bus or S-train
- Free parking
We work in teams and on our own, we make sure to review all work and provide feedback and coaching. To us the team is the foundation of everything, and we strive to make every individual great in order to improve the team. You can meet Siemens Mobility in Ballerup here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Negq4F6mc3g
If you wish to know more about the position, please contact Tech Lead, Huba Albu at email@example.com.
Please apply as soon as possible, as we see candidates on a continuous basis.