Managed Equipment Service (MES) Manager
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Come and join our team as a Medical Managed Equipment Services (MES) Manager. Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, you will work and manage the on-site Siemens Healthineers team to deliver a range of engineering services on site at University Hospital of North Midlands, Stoke On Trent.
Purpose of the role:
· To ensure the provision of a market-leading Managed Equipment Service in accordance with contractual terms and conditions, needs of the customer and Siemens Healthineers core values.
· To ensure the Managed Equipment Service is working as a Valued Partner alongside the Customer by aligning the delivered service with and guiding Trust strategic objectives and future plans.
· The service must be provided in accordance with the Key Performance Indicators or other defined measures with the objective of achieving consistently high Customer Satisfaction results and maximising financial performance according to agreed objectives.
· Manage the planned maintenance and reactive repair activity to successfully fulfil the performance criteria defined in the service contract.
· Maintain effective management control of staff and sub-contractors to ensure maximum utilisation of the available resources such that all contractual commitments are satisfactorily achieved.
· Attend regular Customer meetings in accordance with our contractual obligations.
· Maintain and grow the Value Partnership between the Customer and the Managed Equipment Service.
· Maintain and improve customer satisfaction levels, utilising survey results and other feedback to monitor performance and identify ways of increasing satisfaction. Ensure all complaints/commendations are appropriately logged and actioned as mandated by the business.
· Offer advice to clinical users across all Directorates within the hospital on provision and usage of equipment including the management of the Investment Plan / BOQ. Ensure equipment meets agreed output specifications and is replaced according to the given technology lifecycle.
· Oversee the procurement process ensuring that all contracts, services, equipment & spares purchases comply with company standards and policies and are within the budget.
· Actively seek and initiate efficiencies and operational process improvements to control costs and create savings against budget.
· Ensure that compliance, quality and H&S standards are maintained in line with Company, MHRA and NHS requirements.
· Develop long term partnerships through constructive and proactive engagement with clinicians, staff and management of both the hospital and the PFI partners.
· Produce and deliver monthly Performance Reports in accordance with our contractual obligations.
· Contribute to the forecasted P&L and to maximise the contribution to the overall MES operation.
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/services/enterprise-services-and-solutions/offerings/managed-equipment-services
Your qualification and experience:
· Degree or HNC/D in Medical Engineering (or acceptable alternative) with a minimum of 3 years post qualification work experience within an engineering environment; or
· Demonstrable hospital experience within a clinical discipline, ideally in Radiology; or
· Proven experience of managing a service operation preferably within a medical equipment or hospital environment.
· Experience of managing projects, particularly those relating to installation and commissioning of equipment and/or facilities.
· Good communication and negotiation skills.
· Good IT skills ideally including experience in asset management systems and production of performance report data.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
We offer a comprehensive rewards package which includes a competitive salary, bonus scheme, pension, 26 days holiday and a flexible benefits package that you can tailor to suit your lifestyle including private medical, dental insurance, and many more. We also provide you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time